How to make Tesla coil

Hey guys I want to make a musical Tesla coil.with arduino uno so guys please help me
In this thing

An original Telsa Coil for > 50000 Volts was built by a friend of mine in less than 20 lunch hours using such things as industrial capacitors, a lathe, .... I think that you want to specify a little more carefully as he was one of the few people I'd consider safe building that sort of thing. His only played one tune though, Mains HUM in F#

ad2049q:
An original Telsa Coil for > 50000 Volts was built by a friend of mine in less than 20 lunch hours using such things as industrial capacitors, a lathe, .... I think that you want to specify a little more carefully as he was one of the few people I'd consider safe building that sort of thing. His only played one tune though, Mains HUM in F#

Just to expand a bit on this for OP...

Tesla coils are not something one just "plays with" - you will be dealing with lethal voltages and currents (not to mention the possibility of fire). If you haven't constructed any simpler high-voltage projects, I would not recommend starting with a Tesla coil as your first one (unless you plan to purchase a Tesla coil kit).

Lastly - regarding the mention of a lathe:

OP - this is used to wind the secondary coil. For the secondary, you will be dealing with thousands to tens-of-thousands or turns of fine enameled wire to make the secondary. It needs to be made perfectly. It is a very difficult job to do by hand (though certainly possible), even with a lathe (to mount the coil form on, as well as to rotate the form while feeding the wire in, plus counting the turns).

There does exist (or you can build) semi and fully automated coil winding machines, which allow to you wind coils of any number of turns, and in the case of the fully automated version - stop when the required number of turns is reached. However, for a Tesla coil, because of the typical length of the secondary, a lathe is generally used because it has a long enough "bed" to allow for the length of the form the coil is wound upon.

Hey I have made normal Tesla coil and have experience with high voltages but now I want to make with arduino and a musical Tesla coil so help me in this

Did we not mention?

There does not seem to be either a need or a use of an Arduino in a Tesla coil, musical or otherwise.

This is in the "Brain Surgery using the Arduino" category.

Hi,

http://thegeekgroup.org/arduino-powered-polytonal-musical-tesla-coil/

Tom… :slight_smile:
(PS. I avoided the indestructibles (sic) one.)"