I
am using arduino with 510 ohm resistor to TIP120 to 12v electromagnet with across diode towards positive.
I had tried 2 schematics, one is working with explosive arduino.
And 2nd isn't working as expected.
Thank you for the information. Glad one is working. Oh, and welcome to the Arduino forum. Next time you might want to ad a bit more information, like does the magnetic field do what you need?
Do you mean the
?
Passenger: "how often do aeroplanes of this type crash?"
Pilot: "oh, only once!"
I appreciate your sense of humor
What is different between this one and the one that works?
This has worked but while simulating this has been blowing fue to high current.
Now i don't know what's wrong.
You mean TinkerCad simulates the Arduino exploding? I did not know that! ![]()
I thought you were building something?
I am building a arcade game. Before working directly on hardware i bought yesterday, i thought to simulate once Digitally.
Do you have any idea why this happens? I had bought all the hardwares. I had simulated and this happens and this saves my phyaical hardwares.
Compare the wiring diagram to your schematic diagram. I think you'll see the problem.
As a convention, use red wire to +5V and black wire to GND. If black and red get together somewhere, magic smoke happens.
I don't have any diagram
You have posted 2 already!
But you have not posted a schematic, so I'm not sure what @EmilyJane means.
Thats is what i had made myself not from instructable or something like schematic diagram
Its already like this.
+ve wire is connected with positive with supply and gnd is shared common with tip120 emitter pin and arduino both with supply -ve
I also went to chatgpt assuming Ai will give a viable solution but she's an idiot.
Not on the diagram in post #6. You have 2 red wires going out of your power source (one should be black...). Both of them are connected to Uno GND.