How to "unbrick" and Arduino Uno?

Hey there,

I recently uploaded the wrong code to my Arduino Uno (that code was meant for a Leonardo), and as a result I bricked my Uno, is there any way of "unbricking" the board through something like reloading a proper firmware on it? And also where can I get a firmware for it?

P.S: I uploaded the wrong Leonardo code through HexLoader

Thanks first,
Oscar

I say give it a try. I can't imagine how an Uno would get bricked unless you were using an ISP programmer and HexLoader changed the fuses.

You need a programmer or an other Arduino that acts as a programmer; with that, you can burn the bootloader. Instructions for the latter are on the web; search for Arduino as ISP.

The correct bootloader for the faulty board is on your PC and will be used if you select "Burn Bootloader" from the tools menu.

Thanks sterretje!

But I have another problem, I successfully burned the bootloader to the uno board but it still doesn't work, would that be because the ATMEGA328P chip is bad or something?

Please provide a detailed description of what you mean by "doesn't work".

Please post a link to this "HexLoader". I'm not familiar with it.

Which USB chip does your Uno use, ATmega16U2 or CH340? This is the largest black chip behind the USB socket on the Uno. It will say either "MEGA16U2" or "CH340" on it.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.