HX711 Issues with Trinket M0

Hey everyone,

I have been having some issues getting up and running with my HX711 and Adafruit Trinket M0.

I am using the GitHub - bogde/HX711: An Arduino library to interface the Avia Semiconductor HX711 24-Bit Analog-to-Digital Converter (ADC) for Weight Scales. library, 4 50KG load cells and a HX711. I have attached a picture of my wiring and the serial output.

This is the second hx711 board I have used and still seem to get these odd values.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Code:

#include “HX711.h”

// HX711 circuit wiring
const int LOADCELL_DOUT_PIN = 0;
const int LOADCELL_SCK_PIN = 1;

HX711 scale;

void setup() {
Serial.begin(57600);
scale.begin(LOADCELL_DOUT_PIN, LOADCELL_SCK_PIN);
}

void loop() {

if (scale.is_ready()) {
long reading = scale.read();
Serial.print("HX711 reading: ");
Serial.println(reading);
} else {
Serial.println(“HX711 not found.”);
}

delay(1000);

Depending on the used breakout board (you failed to provide a link to it's schematics) you power the board wrongly. As the Trinket M0 works on 3V3 you should power the HX711 with the same voltage to have a compatible voltage on the communication interface. Check the used pins on the Trinket M0 (0 and 1) if they still work (you might have fried them already) before connecting the HX711 again.

Thank you for the reply!

Here is the details on the hx711 breakout.

https://m.banggood.com/4pcs-DIY-50KG-Body-Load-Cell-Weight-Strain-Sensor-Resistance-With-HX711-AD-Module-p-1326815.html?rmmds=search#popupStatedetail

How should I go about checking the pins on my Trinket M0? Sorry very new at this so lots of trial and error.

pylon: Depending on the used breakout board (you failed to provide a link to it's schematics) you power the board wrongly. As the Trinket M0 works on 3V3 you should power the HX711 with the same voltage to have a compatible voltage on the communication interface. Check the used pins on the Trinket M0 (0 and 1) if they still work (you might have fried them already) before connecting the HX711 again.

Here, this might be a better link. https://cdn.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Sensors/ForceFlex/SparkFun_HX711_Load_Cell_v11.pdf

The two links point to different boards. Which one do you actually own?

How should I go about checking the pins on my Trinket M0? Sorry very new at this so lots of trial and error.

Connect LEDs (of course with appropriate current limiting resistors) to both pins and let them blink by a small sketch. Then connect buttons to both pins and check the input is working. That's quite basic stuff, are you sure you want to try connecting a HX711 if you haven't tried the basic stuff yet?

I figured out what was wrong. I had the wires coming from the load cells paired incorrectly. Luckily the Trinket pins were not fried.

Thank you for your help!