I can't burn bootloader into nano (Atmega328P-AU)

I can’t burn bootloader into nano (Atmega328P-AU). I used Arduino Uno as a ISP programmer and connected to nano.

When I was burning bootloader, I got the message from arduino ide.

“avrdude: Expected signature for ATmega328P is 1E 95 0F
Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.
Error while burning bootloader.”

could please anyone suggest me to burn bootloader.

2017-10-08_09-59-10.jpg

Please do this:

• File > Preferences > Show verbose output during: > compilation (uncheck) > upload (check) > OK
  • Tools > Burn Bootloader
  • After the process fails you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error messages”. Click that button.
  • Paste the error messages in a reply here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the toolbar).

Thank you Pert for your response.

This is my error message

avrdude: Version 6.3, compiled on Jan 17 2017 at 12:00:53
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2014 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/etc/avrdude.conf"

Using Port                    : COM12
         Using Programmer              : stk500v1
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 19200
         AVR Part                      : ATmega328P
         Chip Erase delay              : 9000 us
         PAGEL                         : PD7
         BS2                           : PC2
         RESET disposition             : dedicated
         RETRY pulse                   : SCK
         serial program mode           : yes
         parallel program mode         : yes
         Timeout                       : 200
         StabDelay                     : 100
         CmdexeDelay                   : 25
         SyncLoops                     : 32
         ByteDelay                     : 0
         PollIndex                     : 3
         PollValue                     : 0x53
         Memory Detail                 :

Block Poll               Page                       Polled
           Memory Type Mode Delay Size  Indx Paged  Size   Size #Pages MinW  MaxW   ReadBack
           ----------- ---- ----- ----- ---- ------ ------ ---- ------ ----- ----- ---------
           eeprom        65    20     4    0 no       1024    4      0  3600  3600 0xff 0xff
           flash         65     6   128    0 yes     32768  128    256  4500  4500 0xff 0xff
           lfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
           hfuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
           efuse          0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
           lock           0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0  4500  4500 0x00 0x00
           calibration    0     0     0    0 no          1    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00
           signature      0     0     0    0 no          3    0      0     0     0 0x00 0x00

Programmer Type : STK500
         Description     : Atmel STK500 Version 1.x firmware
         Hardware Version: 2
         Firmware Version: 1.18
         Topcard         : Unknown
         Vtarget         : 0.0 V
         Varef           : 0.0 V
         Oscillator      : Off
         SCK period      : 0.1 us

Error while burning bootloader.
avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.03s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x00ff00
avrdude: Expected signature for ATmega328P is 1E 95 0F
         Double check chip, or use -F to override this check.

avrdude done.  Thank you.

It says you are using stk500v1 as the programmer. Change Programmer option to "Arduino as ISP" in the board menu since you are trying to use Uno. Change board (not programmer) to Uno first, upload Arduino ISP sketch from File menu, then change board to Nano for burning and make sure you have the wires to nano correct and Programmer set to Arduino as ISP

wilykat:
It says you are using stk500v1 as the programmer. Change Programmer option to “Arduino as ISP” in the board menu since you are trying to use Uno. Change board (not programmer) to Uno first, upload Arduino ISP sketch from File menu, then change board to Nano for burning and make sure you have the wires to nano correct and Programmer set to Arduino as ISP

Thank you Wilykat,

I can upload the bootloader to another Uno board. (connect Uno board to Uno board). I change Uno board to nano with the same wiring but it doesn’t work. I can’t upload bootloader to nano board.

For Uno to Uno, I can burn the bootloader to Uno.
and For Uno to Nano, I can’t burn the bootloader to Nano board.

For what it's worth, I just fought over the past few days with a few different UNOs and a few different NANOs trying to load a new bootloader into the Nano with the same errors and no luck. No luck with Optiboot either.

Hmmm... sounds like the Nano doesn't want to be programmed at all? If you have jumper wires with male (pin) on one end and female (hole) on other end, try the ICSP. Pin 1 should be marked on Nano and most clones but in case, use multimeter to find Vcc pin (2 on ICSP) to Vcc pin on Nano, it should read 0 ohms if you found the right pin.

SCK to pin 13 on Uno
MISO to pin 12
MOSI to pin 11
RST to pin 10

Connect Vcc and Gnd together.

I had this same problem I got 6 atmega 328p- pu they all show up wrong id but there the same chip as in the uno r3 i got them to work.
But this Device signature = 0x00ff00 means you have messed up the chips fuses.

I'm trying to figure if there is way to fix this cause I have one chip that that happen to too.
I can us the -f to read the chip and it shows the fuses are set wrong but I guess the arduino as isp can't set them now cause there wrong and have the chip not running from int osc. which is set on a blank chip.

be80be:
I had this same problem I got 6 atmega 328p- pu they all show up wrong id but there the same chip as in the uno r3 i got them to work.
But this Device signature = 0x00ff00 means you have messed up the chips fuses.

I'm trying to figure if there is way to fix this cause I have one chip that that happen to too.
I can us the -f to read the chip and it shows the fuses are set wrong but I guess the arduino as isp can't set them now cause there wrong and have the chip not running from int osc. which is set on a blank chip.

Yes I can read the device signature = 0x00ff00 but sometimes I can read other values.

wilykat:
Hmmm... sounds like the Nano doesn't want to be programmed at all? If you have jumper wires with male (pin) on one end and female (hole) on other end, try the ICSP. Pin 1 should be marked on Nano and most clones but in case, use multimeter to find Vcc pin (2 on ICSP) to Vcc pin on Nano, it should read 0 ohms if you found the right pin.

SCK to pin 13 on Uno
MISO to pin 12
MOSI to pin 11
RST to pin 10

Connect Vcc and Gnd together.

I check with my multimeter, everything is right.
I saw the device signature of nano. It was changed every time when I try to burn bootloader