i am trying to upload my code to my arduino micro for the first time and tried to plug it in, but when I look for the port, its not there, please help!
Does the USB cable work with other devices?
i havent tested
Install the board core via the IDE:
· Tools > Board > Boards Manager
· Search for "Arduino AVR Boards"
· From the drop-down menu select latest version
· Click "Install"
· Wait for installation to finish
· Click "Close" and restart your IDE.
. Plug your board back to the computer and select the board and port via tools.
@dozie, from your link:
The micro is an AVR board. Why do you advise to install the board?