I have been working on a data logger project (Temp, Humidity, Light and Current) (using the Adafruit Data Logger Sheild) for about 3 weeks now, and everything was going very well, until I decided to add a settings .ini file “feature”.
Out of that 3 weeks I’ve spent at least a week trying to figure out what and where my problem is, as the same code that pertains to grabbing the information from the .ini works perfect when everything else is stripped out.
The work is based on Steve Marple’s work, and modified for use with the SD Reader Only. (I just removed the stuff for the Ethernet Card)
I have attached the modified source files.
The issues I have are:
Most of the time the ini.open fails, but on occasion it returns true but when it does…
Either ini.validate fails OR just a bunch of gibberish in the serial monitor OR my IniSDCard() functions keeps repeating over and over again OR other functions just simply don’t work correctly.
Here is my entire program, somewhere there is a conflict that I cannot find for the life of me.
(The I have also posted the code that works every single time below this one)
IniFile.zip (16.2 KB)