Increase the number of led matrix to 8

And, if you found it, don’t you think your supervisor did too?

1 Like

Besides that, if this is YOUR graduation project, shouldn't it be an original work? You should be writing your own code rather than trying to "find" it on the internet.

Academicians say that projects/works could be repeated with some additional features upto Masters level. It is the Ph.D program where one must show something very original.

@OP

Start with MAX7219 driven LED Matrix Module of Fig-1. Upload the example program from the Library. Study the codes and try to understand the working principle of MAX7219 chip.
ledMat1.png
Figure-1:

And then paly with the following LED Matrix Module of Fig-2.
ledMat4.png
Figure-2:

As a senior level undergraduate student, you are supposed to give enough time to study and understand the working principles of MAX7219, its architecture, and programming.

ledMat1.png

ledMat4.png

GolamMostafa:
Academicians say that projects/works could be repeated with some additional features upto Masters level.

That’s got to make for a lot of short job interviews. :o

I understand the principles of max7219 but this scrolling text code puzzled me knowing that this is the simplest one I found in the internet

abderraouftn:
this scrolling text code puzzled me knowing that this is the simplest one I found in the internet

Probably because there’s too much of it.

I think even an expert can't understand it easily

No, this expert understands it, but thinks it looks like it was written by a twelve year-old.

So if this is that easy explain it to me ?

Yes, a very poor, verbose lookup technique.

That’s all you really need to know.

Get rid of the function “scrollFont” - you don’t use it, and leaving it in makes it look like you’ve just copied some random code you found on the Web.
Tidy up the comments too - the spelling mistakes will be a dead-giveaway in the plagiarism databases.

I'm not going to take the time to try and fully understand how that buffer is being used - it is a very convoluted method of scrolling.

A few suggestions for scrolling text:

Use a fixed pitch font if allowed, trying to narrow the character spacing for something like a period or comma just adds complexity. You can always modify the code later if you want to add proportional spaced fonts.

Scrolling is much simpler if the 8x8 LED cells are oriented so that you can write a vertical column instead of a horizontal row. That way you have 32 columns from left to right, instead of having to zig-zag across the display. The font table also gets stored with the characters rotated 90 degrees, so that you can read a single vertical column of a character in a single operation.

A buffer is not really necessary, but is conceptually a bit simpler. Start with a cleared 32 byte buffer, then for each column of each character, shift the buffer left one byte and add the new character column on the right side, refreshing the display between each character column.

@OP

I ave problem to include the MaxMatrix.h Library in my IDE. Can you please post (as an attachment) a copy of the Library File you have used.

Let me ask WHY?
Why do you want to reinvent the wheel?
MD_ is working well with text printing or srcolling text.
A working sketch with 8 modules could be ready (and working) in 15 minutes.
So why do you want do do something different?

If I use MD_library ,what I will learn except copying and pasting
My goal is to learn

I think my method is good ,it works for 4 matrix ,I am perplexed why it didn't work for 8