Increase the number of led matrix to 8

I am stuck in library ledcontrol.I dow't want to use MD_library and stuff.I tried to increase the number of led matrix from 4 to 8 but this is what I got
It should display 12:16:20

I am pretty sure that code is correct
The original code
ledcontrol_original.ino (15.9 KB)
My code:
ledcontrol4.ino (15.6 KB)

Code ?

Original
ledcontrol_original.ino (15.9 KB)
My code:

Please check the pinout for the led matrix. You haven't provided a model number or link for the LED matrix....
My first check would be the wiring between the matrix's.
e.g. the wiring in your picture is straight 1:1. This is probably OK for power and gnd, but maybe the signal wiring needs looking at?
The shift register chips for every matrix element has a data in and data out. Make sure sure "data out" from module 1 is connected to "data in" on the second.

Then swap the matrix to make sure the second one actually works :slight_smile:

@abderraouftn please post your code here rather than attaching it

The easier you make it to read and copy your code the more likely it is that you will get help

Please follow the advice given in the link below when posting code , use code tags and post the code here

If you get errors when compiling please copy them from the IDE using the "Copy error messages" button and paste the clipboard here in code tags

No signal wiring is correct

Perhaps USB cannot provide enough current for 8 8x8 matrices?

@abderraouftn your duplicate topic has been deleted

Cross-posting is against the spirit of the forum. The reason is that duplicate posts can waste the time of the people trying to help. Someone might spend 15 minutes (or more) writing a detailed answer on this topic, without knowing that someone else already did the same in the other topic.

Repeated cross-posting will result in a suspension from the forum.

In the future, please take some time to pick the forum board that best suits the topic of your question and then only post once to that forum board. This is basic forum etiquette, as explained in the "How to get the best out of this forum" guide. It contains a lot of other useful information. Please read it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Even when I try out in proteus,I got the sme problem

Does the "original code" work properly with both displays?

There is no difference between the two codes you posted, they both appear to be the original code.

Yes it works well

So - why not?

Is there still the 10k rule?

Would not give that appearance!

Check the continuity of the wires between the two modules - and your soldering.

That would be the second thing to look at. At least plug it in as the first if you have not yet fitted the "out" end headers.

No. It went with the old forum software

If I copy code of ready library ,what I will learn so ?
Both matrix work well but if I put them together as I did with that code ,a problem of orientation come up
I changed wire and this is what I got

So it was a dud wire to start with. OK, so you say

Does that mean that if you put the left hand matrix in place of the right, it works exactly the same (with of course, the same code running) as the one on the right?

If so there clearly is something wrong with your code.

I just followed the method of scrolling that is used in original code and I think my code is logically correct

@abderraouftn stop creating new topics on the same subject. You are wasting everybody's time

I have deleted or merged the others

Be warned, do it again and you will be banned for a period of time

My supervisor teacher proposed to me Led 32*8 matrix scrolling text display with control via bluetooth to be my graduation project and i found this code the most appropriate one for programming my nano arduino but unfortunately , i didn't understand it espacially the part of buffer

Arduino Code.txt (29 KB)

Put that code in the bin; it's junk; way too much code.

TheMemberFormerlyKnownAsAWOL:
Put that code in the bin; it's junk; way too much code.

Besides that, if this is YOUR graduation project, shouldn't it be an original work? You should be writing your own code rather than trying to "find" it on the internet.