Indoor Positioning System Arduino help

I am currently doing my final year project and the project is to create an IPS module (Anchors and Tag) with BLE and UWB Technology and develop an app to show where the user can be seen. The purpose of the app is to show where the user has walked from when the app has started to when the user is "done". Software aside, I am having more trouble with the IPS Module as the only compatible modules I found are decawave
DWM1000 Module and Pozyx. I have been doing research but I have failed to find any similar project in reference to mine so is there any similar project out there that does indoor positioning tracking and what IPS/BLE/UWB module is recommended to use for the indoor tracking that isn't so costly. For software, I'm planning to use unity x Arduino to create the 2d floorplan of the enviroment

Hi, is there any reference project that uses IPS/BLE/UWB modules for indoor tracking?

That type of question gets asked in here around once a week, and I dont recall seeing an answer relating to a working system.

What type of localisation method had you planned to use ?

Duplicate topics merged

Why did you start a second one ?

Indoor tracking is complicated and expensive.

There is an enormous amount of money to be made for someone who can come up with a cheap and accurate system, so lots of people are working on the problem. Take that as a hint about the complexity of the task.

Then besides using ISP/BLE/UWB modules which are complex and expensive, are there any alternatives? like maybe using a rotating disk with a sensor to track the distance in 1 straight line based on the no. of cycles of the wheel? hmm if I implement this approach, is it possible to use an accelerometer to determine the user's position so that it knows if the user has turned left or right?? I have posted an attachment on how the app will work for reference

Sure. Robots can use wheel encoders and IMU's for dead reckoning. There is plenty of literature on the topic.

The origin of a location or track determined by this method always drifts unless reference points are available to correct for it.

Yes, btw is there anything I can do about finding the user's current location indoors cause that's the main problem im facing right now

jiester:
Yes, btw is there anything I can do about finding the user's current location indoors cause that's the main problem im facing right now

VR/AR fiducials.

They do tend to ruin your décor scheme though.

jiester:

Use the systems mentioned in your first post.