Installation IDE MacBook Air problematic

Hello, help please.
I just received my starter kit ARDUINO which is supposed to work with my MACBOOK Air. I load IDE from Arduino site (for Mac silicon, OS Ventura 13.2.1). OK. Green led light OK, orange led light OK every 1 second.
But interface on screen does not appear normal (see photo). I have not the file, edit, sketch, tools possibilities as indicated in the doc... I can't sen a Blink test...
I am afraid some driver or configuration is missed.

I must confess I am a beginner !

Thanks for support.

Hi @tomtom81. This is the standard way macOS applications work. Instead of the menus being part of the application window, they are instead in the macOS menu bar:

1 Like

Thanks ptillisch

Agree but I can't see le macOS menu bar "Arduino IDE, File,edit...help" you mentioned on my screen, with Safari ! I agree it's the rule to see the apple icon and ...but I don't see it!
Problem with apple configuration ?

Hi ptillisch

Sorry, I have understood my mistake.
I configure "Arduino uno and port "dev/cu.usbmodem009NTRLPA0222 Serial Port (USB)", but when I launch Blink: examples, basics, blink the compilation is OK but up-load fails with the message"programmer is not responding" (see photo).

any idea ?

Thanks one more.

Thank a lot i was really strugling with this thanks.......

1 Like

hello guys, I begin to understand better how to use IDE and interface with my MacBook Air.
The main problem was with the Hub I used (OOWOLF 9 in 1 Multifunctional), with usb ports, micro sd card...Moreless I suspect a bad cable link of the hub.
Anyway, now I can connect to serial port and upload simple application.
Thanks one more time for support.

I'm glad you found the cause of the upload error. Thanks for taking the time to post an update with your solution.

Regards,
Per

@tomtom81, welcome

Your topic has been moved to the dedicated IDE 2.x section of the forum.

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.