IR2110 mosfet driver not working

For some reason when I use the ir2110 my circuit does nothing. Bootstrapping without it works perfectly. I’ve put the schematic I use in the down below (I got it from Tahmid’s blog). I’m using the irf3205 mosfet and the ir2110 mosfet driver. I’ve rebuilt it many times so I don’t think thats the problem. My only guess is that maybe the power supply for the bootstrapping ins’t a good one. I’ve using a 9V battery or 2 in parallel.
I’m using an arduino uno for the logic supply and the inputs. Any ideas as to why this is happening?

ir2110.pdf (329 KB)

irf3205.pdf (97.8 KB)

VCC of the IR2110 is 10V minimum. It might work at 9V, but it might not, especially when it turns on and the voltage droops. 9V batteries are not very good at high current operation.

I don't know what you mean by "Bootstrapping without it works perfectly."

I tried it with a 12v 2a power supply and it still wont do anything. What I mean by "Bootstrapping without it works perfectly" is that if I try bootstrapping without this circuit, everything will work . The problem is just when I use this chip.

What do you mean by "bootstrapping"? My understanding of that word doesn't fit this situation.

I would start debugging by writing a simple program that toggles HIN slowly and measure HIN and HO to make sure they are working as expected. Then repeat with LIN and LO. Once you have the output of the Arduino working correctly and the IR2110 is working, then it's just a matter of making sure your transistors are wired correctly.

What is R3 doing other than discharging your bootstrap cap really fast? Lose it and R4, the driver chip does such protection duties for you...

Having lost R3 you can then remove C1 and thus stop it putting large current spikes through the diode.

The rule of thumb is have the bootstrap capacitor the same number of nanofarads as the total gate charge of the MOSFET is in nanocoulombs.

So a 22nC MOSFET would use a 22nF bootstrap cap, etc. 22uF is orders of magnitude too large.

The total decoupling capacitance on the 12V supply needs to be at least 10 times the bootstrap cap value.

You have no decoupling on the 12V supply, the driver's got no chance of coping, it will under-volt cutout on every cycle.

100nF on the 5V Vdd supply is plenty, its a logic supply. The 22uF is much much more needed on the 12V Vcc which is pushing large currents (ie +/- 2A into/outof the gates).

Are you really working at 300V BTW? You'll need to proceed with a lot of caution with MOSFETs at that voltage - IGBTs would be more robust.