is there a program to help write code for the arduino?

so im looking to program my arduino to do something like this led raindrops - YouTube

im not sure how to do it in the 1st party software, so is there a different software where you can configure your leds and how you want them to light, then have to put out the code for the arduino to use?

im not sure how to do it in the 1st party software, so is there a different software where you can configure your leds and how you want them to light, then have to put out the code for the arduino to use?

It's called gray matter, and it comes between your ears.

PaulS:

isn't that hardware?

Hasn't there been posts about drag & drop programming?
http://blog.ardublock.com/

I believe Parallax - Basis Stamp - still has a free "What is microprocessor" somewhere on their web site.
One of few basic ( no pun intended) documents to explain how it all fits together - I would start there before you do "blink without delay " here.
Have fun
Vaclav

BulldogLowell:

PaulS:

isn't that hardware?

The skull is, but the contents are anything but hard. Somewhere between firmware and software I'd say.

is there a program to help write code for the arduino?

Here's the problem: You either learn how to write code for the Arduino, or you learn how to use the program that writes code for the Arduino (assuming there is such a program). Either way you have to learn something.

Actually there is an even worse problem just around the corner. If you find a program that writes code for you and if you learn how to use it what will you do WHEN it goes wrong or doesn't do exactly what you want. At that stage you can spend 10 times as long learning how the code-writer program works - or you can learn how to write code for the Arduino.

...R

Or if this mythical program starts charging you to use it. :slight_smile: