Labview and Arduino interface

Hi All,

My group and I have faced some difficulties while using Labview and Arduino interface with VISA. Attached is the block diagram that we have set up in the Labview.

However, the following error shows up when we run:

Error- 1073807339 occurred at VISA Read in wireless filter current vi.
Possible reasons(s): VISA: (Hex 0xBFFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

Does anyone have any idea what does this error means? And how to solve this error?

Also, attached is the code that we have put in Arduino. What does the delay (10) in the code means? How does it affect my Labview when it runs?

We hope to get some enlightenment. Thank you.

Arduino Code.pdf (108 KB)

Labview block diagram.pdf (260 KB)

Hi,

My group and I have faced some difficulties while using Labview and Arduino interface. Attached is the block diagram that we have set up in the Labview.

However, there is an error that shows up when run:

Error- 1073807339 occurred at VISA Read in wireless filter current vi.
Possible reasons(s): VISA: (Hex 0xBFFFF0015) Timeout expired before operation completed.

Does anyone have any idea what does this error means? Or how to solve this error?

Also, attached is the code that we have put in Arduino and what does the delay (10) in the code means? How does it affect my Labview when run?

Thank you so much for helping!!!

google 1073807339 occurred at VISA Read

http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/874B379E24C0A0D686256FCF007A6EA0

http://forum.keithley.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?t=6563

and about a thousand++ more ...

just a thought - Arduino's reset when the com port is opened, could be the cause?

Does anyone have any idea what does this error means?

It's obvious, isn't it? You have some vi (whatever that is) that is the current one. It tried to read some data, and failed. The most likely cause is that the vi got tired of waiting.

So, something on the PC end is expecting data that the Arduino is not sending, or is expecting more data than the Arduino is sending.

And how to solve this error?

Again, I think that is obvious.

What does the delay (10) in the code means?

I am not going to RTFM for you.

And I am not going to look at a picture of code that has several apparently useful tabs.

Please do not cross-post. Threads merged.