led matrix 64x64 pixels

hi, i'm searching a battery powered display (about 25X25 cm) that i can control with the smartphone.
At first, i searched a display based on led ws2812 controlled via arduino, but only one led assorbe about 50/60 mA and if i use a 32x32 pixels display it consum a lot.
After some research i find led matrix 64x64 pixels that i can power with a 5 Vdc powerbank.
i attach some image:

After some tests, if i power it with a white image at the maximun of the luminosity, it assorbe only 1.58A!
i don't know a lot of elettronics but how can it possible ?
someone know something about this display?

another problem is that the comunication with the smartphone use WIFI and not bluetooth, why?
bluetooth is not enough powerful to transmit the image to the display?

i hope that someone can help me clear my head.
Thanks

You need to post a link to the details about this display. Use the "insert a link" icon please.

My guess would be that the current consumption is less than you expected because this is a multiplexed display, with 1:16 or 1:32 duty cycle. So any individual led is on for only 6.25% or 3.125% of the time, even when they appear to all be on at the same time.

Can you explain why you posted this question on the Arduino forum? How does your project involve an Arduino?

Perfect, i search multiplexed display, practically the leds are turn on and off at high frequency that seems they are always on, correct?
i can create something similar with arduino and 64x64 pixels ?

PaulRB:
You need to post a link to the details about this display. Use the "insert a link" icon please.

the only link that i find is from aliexpress where the informations are very few:
Link

PaulRB:
Can you explain why you posted this question on the Arduino forum? How does your project involve an Arduino?

i posted here because i would like to create something similar with arduino and led ws2812 but i bought this display to se how it works and recreate it but i didn't know because the electrical absorption is so low.

A display made from ws2812 is not multiplexed. Because of this, it uses much more current, and it is much much brighter. A 64x64 ws2812 panel would be too bright to look at, like the sun!

Other panels are made which can be used with Arduino but they are not for beginners.

It's it important that your panel is full colour? Would single colour (red or green) be good enough?

addressable leds are not multiplexed, a panel make with a normal matrix led is multiplexed, correct?

PaulRB:
A display made from ws2812 is not multiplexed. Because of this, it uses much more current, and it is much much brighter. A 64x64 ws2812 panel would be too bright to look at, like the sun!

which kind of multiplexed led can i used ?
which are most efficient?

PaulRB:
A display made from ws2812 is not multiplexed. Because of this, it
Other panels are made which can be used with Arduino but they are not for beginners.

it is not a problem, i'm ready to study how a multiplexed panel works and how to make it.
have you some advice where i can find some ducumentation or book?

It's it important that your panel is full colour? Would single colour (red or green) be good enough?
[/quote]

i prefer full color panel but for begin i could work with a single color

thanks

Most panels not made with ws2812 are multiplexed, yes.

Individual LEDs are not "multiplexed" or "non-multiplexed". It is the circuit design of the panel that makes them multiplexed.

I don't know exactly what you mean by "efficient". I suspect you mean low power, which is not the same. Lower power panels will generally be less bright. Higher power panels will be more bright.

Have you looked at Adafruit's panels?