Level shifter for serial communication between raspberry pi and arduino nano

I am currently working on a project where I need a raspberry pi to talk to an arduino nano. I just wanted to check in if the simple level shifter I have in mind would work for this? My schematic is attached as an image.

The structure looks just fine. Go with smaller resistors ------ such as 10k instead of 1 mega ohm. Also referring to this site - [u]click here[/u].

No need for anything that complex. For Arduino TX to Pi RX use a 1K seriese resistor with a 510R pull down for a potential divider. For Pi TX to Arduino RX just connect them together.

Sweet, so something like this should suffice?

I think the values would be reversed. The series resistor would be 510R and the pulldown 1K.

I think the values would be reversed.

Yes, that’s right, sorry.

Makes sense, my bad. And from Rasp TX to Nano RX I need nothing because the 3.3V are enough for the high level threshold for the pi, is that correct?

Jocobes:
Makes sense, my bad. And from Rasp TX to Nano RX I need nothing because the 3.3V are enough for the high level threshold for the pi, is that correct?

Well it is not quite high enough but this seems to work in practice. I normally include a 3K3 series resistor these days because some Arduinos have a 10K to 5V on the TX pin with the connection to the USB chip. The 3K3 series resistor limits any current caught by the ESD diodes.