LiquidCrystal Error

Hi -
I'm running a code on my Arduino Uno which includes a portion for LCD operations, using the LCD2004 to be specific. For this, I have the LiquidCrystal library installed on my computer and I pulled from an example code to make my code. Until today, things worked fine and my LCD was displaying what I wanted. But now, compiling any code that uses the setup for this LCD gives me the error "ONLY SUPPORTED ON AVR PROCESSORS". I can post the setup code here but not at the moment, but I was wondering if anyone had insight as to what that error means as I couldn't find much online about it in regards to my project. I haven't changed any code or files on my computer from when it was running to now when it is not. Thanks in advance

Are you trying to use that library on an Arduino that isn't AVR based? The Due and a few others use SAM chips instead and they will need a different library. What Arduino are you trying to compile for?

I'm on an Arduino Uno R3 -- I'm not sure which of the two chips it has; what throws me off is that it worked great prior to this. Thanks for the help

• What do you have selected in Tools > Boards
  • Which version of the Arduino IDE are you using
  • Where did you download the LiquidCrystal library
  • Which version of the LiquidCrystal library are you using?

mhinkam:
I'm on an Arduino Uno R3 -- I'm not sure which of the two chips it has; what throws me off is that it worked great prior to this. Thanks for the help

That's an AVR board. Maybe you have the wrong board selected in the IDE and it is trying to compile for something else.

pert:

• What do you have selected in Tools > Boards
  • Which version of the Arduino IDE are you using
  • Where did you download the LiquidCrystal library
  • Which version of the LiquidCrystal library are you using?

Your first question quickly caught my mistake. I was programming an ESP8266 board over the weekend so I changed my board selection. I lose this round! Thanks for the catch