Load cell and stepper issue

Hey guys,
I'm working on a project in which a load cell takes measurements while a stepper motor rotates at a constant speed up to a certain distance. I'm having a few problems with this project. Firstly, I've used the HX711 library and AccelStepper, but it seems that the runPositionTo() function doesn't allow anything else like reading a load cell. Next, based on this thread: https://forum.arduino.cc/t/stepper-motor-running-while-collecting-load-cell-data/630540,
I ran the stepper with a pulse delay and it worked fine until I used millis() and the load cell; The motor finally worked and the arduino read the load cell between steps. However, even if I decrease the microstep, it seems that the load cell reading time adds too much time and the motor isn't smooth. I haven't made any code to calculate the read time, that's probably my next step.
Here's the code:

#include "HX711.h"
HX711 scale;

// HX711 circuit wiring
const int LOADCELL_DOUT_PIN = 2;
const int LOADCELL_SCK_PIN = 3;

const int stepPin = 9;
const int dirPin = 8;
const int enPin = 10;

bool condition = true;
bool b=false;

float pas = 0.0079375;    //mmm/step
float sT = 200;   //step/revolution
float microst = 800;   //pulse/rev from the driver
float distance = 2;   //distance to acheive in mm
float s_distance=round(distance*microst/(sT*pas));
//Vitesse quasi-statique de mm/min a step/s
float speed = 5;    //speed in mm/min
float step_speed = speed*microst/(sT*pas*60);   //speed in step/s

unsigned long curMillis;
long prevStepMillis;
int pulseWidthMicros = 20;  // microseconds
unsigned long millisBetweenSteps = round(1/step_speed*1000); // milliseconds
int step = 0;   //number of step
unsigned long deltat = 0;

void setup() {
  Serial.begin(115200);
 pinMode(8, OUTPUT);
 pinMode(9, OUTPUT);
 pinMode(10, OUTPUT);
 digitalWrite(enPin, HIGH);

//Serial.println("HX711 Demo");

// Serial.println("Initializing the scale");

// Initialize library with data output pin, clock input pin and gain factor.
  // Channel selection is made by passing the appropriate gain:
  // - With a gain factor of 64 or 128, channel A is selected
  // - With a gain factor of 32, channel B is selected
  // By omitting the gain factor parameter, the library
  // default "128" (Channel A) is used here.
  scale.begin(LOADCELL_DOUT_PIN, LOADCELL_SCK_PIN);

Serial.print("Before setting up the scale:");
  Serial.print("read: \t\t");
  Serial.println(scale.read());			// print a raw reading from the ADC

Serial.print("read average: \t\t");
  Serial.println(scale.read_average(20));  	// print the average of 20 readings from the ADC

Serial.print("get value: \t\t");
  Serial.println(scale.get_value(5));		// print the average of 5 readings from the ADC minus the tare weight (not set yet)

Serial.print("get units: \t\t");
  Serial.println(scale.get_units(5), 1);	// print the average of 5 readings from the ADC minus tare weight (not set) divided
						// by the SCALE parameter (not set yet)

scale.set_scale(41533.f);                      // this value is obtained by calibrating the scale with known weights; see the README for details
  scale.tare();				        // reset the scale to 0

Serial.print("After setting up the scale:");

Serial.println(scale.read());                 // print a raw reading from the ADC

Serial.println(scale.read_average(20));       // print the average of 20 readings from the ADC

Serial.println(scale.get_value(5));		// print the average of 5 readings from the ADC minus the tare weight, set with tare()

Serial.println(scale.get_units(5), 1);        // print the average of 5 readings from the ADC minus tare weight, divided
						// by the SCALE parameter set with set_scale

}

void loop() {
 curMillis = millis();

if (step < s_distance && condition) {
   digitalWrite(enPin, LOW);
   digitalWrite(dirPin, HIGH);
   digitalWrite(stepPin, HIGH);
   delayMicroseconds(pulseWidthMicros);
   digitalWrite(stepPin, LOW);
   prevStepMillis = curMillis;
   condition=false;

}else if(step >= s_distance){
    Serial.println("Restart in 5 sec");
    delay(5000);
    step=0;
}

if(condition==false){
  if(deltat<millisBetweenSteps){
    deltat=curMillis - prevStepMillis;
      Serial.println(scale.get_units(1), 2); 
       }
       else if(deltat>=millisBetweenSteps){
        step=step+1;
        Serial.print("Nb of step ");
        Serial.println(step);
        deltat=0;
        condition=true;
        }
    }

}

The code runs at a speed of 5mm/min and to a distance of 2mm. It repeats it with a 5 secondes pause between each cycle. When I comment Serial.println(scale.get_units(1), 2); the motor runs smoothly at the right speed and distance. Also, I use a Arduino uno minima R4.

Has anyone had the same problem and found a solution? I'm still a beginner in arduino programming so any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, I've seen that the HX711 rate can be changed from 10Hz to 80Hz but I haven't tried it.
Thank you in advance!

What if you just read the scale into a variable and supress the Serial.println()?

Any improvements?

It didn't work, it seems to be independent of the serial output.

If removing Serial.println() had no efffect on the output, I would leave Serial.println() in the sketch. You now know "that" part of the sketch is "working" so you can look elsewhere.

Yes, this is true. Also, I used a code based on another thread to calculate the speed for one measurement:

#include "HX711.h"
HX711 scale;

// HX711 circuit wiring
const int LOADCELL_DOUT_PIN = 2;
const int LOADCELL_SCK_PIN = 3;

unsigned long curMillis;
unsigned long prevStepMillis;

void setup() {
  // put your setup code here, to run once:
Serial.begin(9600);
scale.begin(LOADCELL_DOUT_PIN, LOADCELL_SCK_PIN);

Serial.print("Before setting up the scale:");
  Serial.println(scale.read());			// print a raw reading from the ADC

Serial.println(scale.read_average(20));  	// print the average of 20 readings from the ADC

Serial.println(scale.get_value(5));		// print the average of 5 readings from the ADC minus the tare weight (not set yet)

Serial.println(scale.get_units(5), 1);	// print the average of 5 readings from the ADC minus tare weight (not set) divided
						// by the SCALE parameter (not set yet)

scale.set_scale(41533.f);                      // this value is obtained by calibrating the scale with known weights; see the README for details
  scale.tare();				        // reset the scale to 0

Serial.print("After setting up the scale:");

Serial.println(scale.read());                 // print a raw reading from the ADC

Serial.println(scale.read_average(20));       // print the average of 20 readings from the ADC

Serial.println(scale.get_value(5));		// print the average of 5 readings from the ADC minus the tare weight, set with tare()

Serial.println(scale.get_units(5), 1);        // print the average of 5 readings from the ADC minus tare weight, divided
						// by the SCALE parameter set with set_scale

long int t1 = millis();
  Serial.println(scale.get_units(2), 1);
   long int t2 = millis();
   Serial.print("Time taken by the task: "); Serial.print(t2-t1); Serial.println(" milliseconds");

}

void loop() {

}

It indicates a time of 184 milliseconds for a reading. With a microstep of 800, I would normally expect a maximum speed of 0.647 mm/min. This is slower than expected, which isn't necessarily a problem since I want a quasi-static test. But for a 30mm test, it's starting to take a bit of time. I've tried increasing the speed raye on the Hx711 and it takes 23 milliseconds, which would get me to 5mm/min with 800 in microsteps. Also, I add a limit of one read per step to my code.

if(condition==false){
deltat=curMillis - prevStepMillis;
  if(deltat<millisBetweenSteps){
        if(deltat==0 && compteur==0) {
        Serial.println(scale.get_units(1), 2);
        ++compteur;
       } 
       }
       else if(deltat>=millisBetweenSteps){
        prevStepMillis=0;
        deltat=0;
        condition=true;
        }
    }

Compteur is reset at each step.
I tried with an esp32 which is supposed to be faster if I'm not mistaken. The time is the same for the esp32 and the arduino, so it probably comes more from the Hx711 and/or the library than from the microcontroller.
However, I've seen other people use different chips or shields like this one https://www.robotshop.com/products/strain-gauge-load-cell-amplifier-shield-2ch and I consider a amp for an analog read that I would calibrate with mil springs or specific weights, because with the Hx711 I am limited to 800 microsteps and at 80Hz the Hx711 has more noise.