Load cell installation into memory foam. Interesting :)

Hey! I would like to make a pillow that could weigh person's weight.
I think using some load cells it is possible to achieve that.
Firstly, I would like to put those sensors inside memory pillow and once I will sit on it the arduino will measure my weight.

Take a look on this memory neck pillow:

It is just an example of application.

For example, if I am exercising with exercise bike I want to know my weight. So I decided to install some sensors under seat pillow that could measure my weight.

Do you know how to achieve that?

Thanks.

So I decided to install some sensors under seat pillow that could measure my weight.

The weight of your butt, maybe. Not your total weight, with your feet on the pedals.

Do you know how to achieve that?

Connect the load cell to an analog pin. Read the analog pin, and scale the value read appropriately.

Trying to attach a weight sensor to something like memory foam isn't going to be practical. Load cells need to be attached to very rigid things (like the mounting post of the exercise bike) to work. You could use a force-sensitive resistor of some type embedded in the foam but they are not accurate enough to measure weight.

With a pillow you could wrap it in an airtight plastic bag and measure the air pressure.

It's not about the accuracy of the sensor. Imagine a small, accurate, sensor in the exact middle of the pillow. That would measure the force or pressure at that point. But it doesn't measure the force at any other point. I could sit on the edge of the pillow, away from the sensor and it would not know I was there.

Put something like a bathroom scale under the pillow. Make sure no part of the pillow touches the ground.