Looking for Wifi Arduino board/shield recommendations

Hi, I'm looking for recommendations for an Arduino compatible wifi shield or 5V Arduino compatible board with built in wifi capabilities. I plan to read one wire sensors with it and power it via battery(single cell lithium) so a boost circuit is needed for 5V operation and it needs to have a very low power sleep mode or the ability to power down the wifi chip completely. Built-in MPPT or similar type solar charging is also highly desired but not critical. The DS18B20 sensors seem prone to interference in my harsh environment, so it seems to work best running them at 5V.

Any product suggestions?

Most people are using the ESP8266. This option will probably have the best community support. They're 3.3 V. You can program them directly or use them just as a WiFi interface for a standard AVR Arduino. I haven't messed with sleep on the ESP8266 but my understanding is it's not an ideal situation. I believe you need a pin change to wake it from a low power sleep and I think it even resets the microcontroller when it wakes. Running an ESP8266 and AVR would seem to use more power but it might work out well as the AVR can put the wifi to sleep and wake it up and the AVR is pretty good at sleeping. There are shields available or Arduino.org sells an "Uno Wifi" with an AVR and ESP8266 on one board but it works a bit differently than the usual ESP8266 setup so it might be a bit more difficult to work with. The Uno board would need some modifications to make it suitable for low power consumption requirements.

Another option is ESP32. I understand this has some better sleep capabilities. It's also 3.3 V. It's kind of new so the community support might not be so great.

Arduino has some options. See the "Internet of Things" section of:
https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Products
I rarely see anything about them mentioned here. They don't seem to be anywhere near as popular as ESP8266. Some of those are 3.3 V.

pert:
Most people are using the ESP8266. This option will probably have the best community support. They’re 3.3 V. You can program them directly or use them just as a WiFi interface for a standard AVR Arduino. I haven’t messed with sleep on the ESP8266 but my understanding is it’s not an ideal situation. I believe you need a pin change to wake it from a low power sleep and I think it even resets the microcontroller when it wakes. Running an ESP8266 and AVR would seem to use more power but it might work out well as the AVR can put the wifi to sleep and wake it up and the AVR is pretty good at sleeping. There are shields available or Arduino.org sells an “Uno Wifi” with an AVR and ESP8266 on one board but it works a bit differently than the usual ESP8266 setup so it might be a bit more difficult to work with. The Uno board would need some modifications to make it suitable for low power consumption requirements.

Another option is ESP32. I understand this has some better sleep capabilities. It’s also 3.3 V. It’s kind of new so the community support might not be so great.

Arduino has some options. See the “Internet of Things” section of:
Arduino - Products
I rarely see anything about them mentioned here. They don’t seem to be anywhere near as popular as ESP8266. Some of those are 3.3 V.

Thanks for the reply.

There are some new Arduino boards I didn’t know about, I’ll look into them further.