Making a e handbrake for PC

hi i followed a step by step guide of building a e brake for pc but when it comes to arduino i am lost the video shows it simply by wiring up a switch to a ardino pro micro board (micro usb) upon downloading and installing arduino it won’t let me verify the code and upload it to the board i am completely lost ive double check the diagram on how the board is wired with no luck

would appreciate any help on where i am going wrong

i have uploaded what error i have in a text doc i will also leave a link to the video below

thanks in advance
sion

error.txt (660 Bytes)

In the Arduino IDE you have the board set for Uno. You need to goto the Tools drop-down menu to where it reads Board "Arduino/Genuino Uno" and slide to the right to bring up the boards selection. Click on Arduino/Genuino Micro and then try your load again.

Thanks Dk it was able to now verify but i am still having trouble uploading to the board it mentions something about select a port before upload i will post up the code i have

#include <Joystick.h>

void setup()

{pinMode(A0, INPUT);
Joystick.begin();}

const int pinToButtonMap = A0;

void loop()

{int pot = analogRead(A0);
int mapped = map(pot,0,1023,0,255);
{Joystick.setThrottle(mapped);}}

Go back to the Tools drop-down menu. Have you not selected a port? Spend a little time here. A worthwhile investment.

thanks for the help dk appreciate it i have it sorted now thank you

sionireland thank you thank you thank you This sketch of yours was exactly what I have been looking for to get my pro micro and hall sensor to work for my DIY PC handbrake it all makes so much more sense now and its so small way easier to understand since this is my first time doing something like this. I was just about to give up.

I have this error when i try to connect usb in PC.