Making Iron man helmet, Issue with code!

First of all i should establish I’m a complete novice at code, I have barely any understanding of it whatsoever.

That being said, I’ve found code which should let me move a servo from 0 to 180, and from 180 to 0 in separate button presses (one press should open the visor, one should close it). However when I push the button, the visor opens, then closes after a second. The code is down below, if anyone would be able to help out it would be greatly appreciated!

The code:

const int servoPin = 2;
const int buttonPin = 3;

#include <Servo.h>

Servo visorServo;

void setup() {
  visorServo.write(180);  // Initial position
  visorServo.attach(servoPin);

pinMode(buttonPin, INPUT_PULLUP);  // Connect button between pin and GROUND. LOW when pushed.
}

void loop() {
  static unsigned long lastPushedTime = 0;
  static boolean visorClosed = true;
  static boolean lastButtonState = HIGH;

boolean newButtonState = digitalRead(buttonPin);

// If the button is down and it has been a while since it was last down...
  if (newButtonState  == LOW && lastButtonState == HIGH && millis() - lastPushedTime > 100) {
    lastPushedTime = millis();
    if (visorClosed) {
      visorServo.write(0); // Open visor
      visorClosed = false;
    }
    else {  // Viso is open
      visorServo.write(180); // Close visor
      visorClosed = true;
    }
  }

lastButtonState = newButtonState;
}

As it’s written, as soon as your “if” statement which is based on millis is no longer true, it runs the “else” statement.

Thinking it would be better to structure the code like

if(visor is open and button pushed)
close visor
if(visor is closed and button pushed)
open visor

Just my 2 cents

DangerToMyself:
As it's written, as soon as your "if" statement which is based on millis is no longer true, it runs the "else" statement.

Thinking it would be better to structure the code like

if(visor is open and button pushed)
close visor
if(visor is closed and button pushed)
open visor

Just my 2 cents

Would that require me to write anything? I have no clue what to do.

No. You wouldn’t be REQUIRED to write anything. There is a section of the forum here where you can pay someone to write the code for you.

But, if you don’t want to go that route, yes, you’ll have to do some learning and research and write the code yourself. Keep in mind, the folks here are very helpful when you get stuck. But you have to put in the effort. That’s why it’s called Do-It-Yourself.