A project is under discussion. Actually Phase 1 of it is completed with the a Mega 2560 and has the following facilities / interfaces :
- Bluetooth 4.0 for getting / sending user files from an iPhone
- SD card for storing user plan and update actual file ( CSV format)
- RTC for real time display
- Drive a 4 L x 20 C LCD
- Handle 8 Push Buttons
- One interrupt channel to record pulses from flow meter.
- MIFARE RFID interface to read tags
And now as an additional requirement I have to add a 4 channel RF24 interface to the above setup.
What if I migrate to a DUE ? Reasons
- Compared to the Mega the DUE “sounds” more professional being a ARM product ( 32 bits too !!wow…)
- Somehow the UNO and Mega are still seen as Hobby boards.
- I can change the 4L x20C LCD with maybe a TFT touch screen or a graphics display unit.
- Debug using the JTAG interface ??
- How does the DUE interface with the IDE 1.6+ ? As easy as the Mega or…
- Is the debug interface useful. I know any debug is useful but how much of details does it provide ?
Any thoughts on above ?? Thanks