MKR1010 & New Wifi Library for MKR1000

MKR1010 & New Wifi Library for MKR1000

Ok Guys,

I'm done with you.

We've been using your boards to prototype work. Your MKR1010 has some electronic problem(s) I didn't have time to debug which means pinouts can behave subtly different to MKR1000s. As for your latest MKR1000 wifi libraries. Do you realize you have broken wifi code example containing a readline out there????? Moving on to the MKR1010 wifi libraries, identical wifi code that was robust on a MKR1000 drops every day or so on the MKR1010. Possibly a memory leak (in the 1010 libraries) but regardless there is some issue and again we don't have time to dig into this.

These problems have resulted in us ceasing all prototype work on your boards. It's STM32 and PICs from now on. You can step through code on these too (as one would expect).

Very disappointed. Your boards (in North America) are not cheap for what they are. You are clearly not testing new versions of key libraries. Very Poor Software Engineering.

L8R.

everything mixed up in your POST

• the WiFi101 library ("MKR1000 WiFi library") didn't change last year
  • you can step debug MKR boards
  • 'switching' to STM32 and PIC as Arduino or you finally go to a professional level?

I'm having to fix a MKR1000 project that worked fine since Feb 2019. A conversion from a solderless breadboard to a soldered one broke the MKR1000 (our fault) resulted in a second MKR that got purchased at about the same time getting programmed. That was when the changes in the updated WiFi101 library were noticed. And I stick to my guns they broke the code examples out there.

We've not been able to step debug these boards in the Arduino IDE. But I've not updated it beyond downloading new libraries.

I work with STM32s and PICs. The Arduino should be a convenient option for one-off prototypes. With code examples that work.

cswainson:
I'm having to fix a MKR1000 project that worked fine since Feb 2019. A conversion from a solderless breadboard to a soldered one broke the MKR1000 (our fault) resulted in a second MKR that got purchased at about the same time getting programmed. That was when the changes in the updated WiFi101 library were noticed. And I stick to my guns they broke the code examples out there.

We've not been able to step debug these boards in the Arduino IDE. But I've not updated it beyond downloading new libraries.

I work with STM32s and PICs. The Arduino should be a convenient option for one-off prototypes. With code examples that work.

and what versions of the WiFi101 library did you use?

it sounds like you can step debug STM32 and PIC in Arduino IDE. And how is WiFi working on STM32 and PIC?