Hello there! this is a tweaked Arduino IDE, don’t lose time setting up Arduino, Java or the drivers, just use this fully automated installer. Plus, you get a improved experience:
Less than 40 mb, for Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7/8 (x86/x64), Requires .Net Framework 4.0 and nothing else required at all, no other app, package, drivers, just your arduino and brain. Want to keep me interested on improving our arduino experience?, so maybe you can buy me a glass of pepsi? (I love it! XD):
Note: There are few things actually implemented in some way in the official IDE, like the installation because this mod originally comes from Aug 2012.
1. Standard windows install
Couple of clicks and ready!
2. Driver installer
Prepares your system for the boards. Tested in Windows 8.
3. AVRDude wrapper/fixer
When uploading a sketch, if port does not respond the IDE will try to fix the issues instead of showing you the “port already in use message”, no reboot, no physical unplug/replug, finding the app using the port.
4. Menu with Scroll support and better organization
Lots of Sketches? lots of Libraries? lots of Examples?, No problems at all.
5. Pretty Windows Icon
No more blurry/ugly icons For Windows 7/8 taskbar.
6. No delays over Tools menu or at startup
Produced by some BT dongles (More information: http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1237179908).
7. Sketch template
Start coding right away, the first sketch is compilable without pressing a key! The IDE finds a sweet spot to place the cursor for you. Also notice the fancy new font:
8. More and custom settings
Does not mess with other Arduino IDE versions and preferences (not even with official 1.0.1). You can go to Preferences and set another Sketch directory to keep your User librararies and sketches appart.
Also the font is customizable easily.
9. File association, desktop icon, Start menu program group icons
Small details for your own amusement
10. New library manager
Manage your libraries from Documents/Arduino/Libraries folder with ease and the IDE will reflect the changes without restart
* Enable or disable them: Click the checkbox (disabled libraries will not appear in the IDE or their EXAMPLES)
* Delete library: Select library and press DEL
* Add library: Click ADD, then select the a proper file of the library or select a ZIP file (manager will handle everything for you)
11. More IDE enhancements!
* Undo/redo: Now remember the cursor position, almost unlimited buffer for undo
* Easy mouse selection: Now the selection with the mouse is slowed down to keep it controlable when selecting lots of lines
* Smart Reference!: Detect the selected word automatically, now you don’t need to select the whole word or even a part! anything will work just right click http://screencast.com/t/dfp7m4vA7k
* More useful Copy/Cut functions: If you right click without selection, the action applies to the Line 8)
* Hold Shift key on Verify: To get Verbose compilation
* Hold Control key on Upload: To open the Serial Monitor automatically when upload complete (do not lose a bit! from the Serial data or compulsivelly click the serial monitor button).
Additionally you can use the new option in File menu too:
Or maybe you just forget all of those things? so just click once and Schedule the Monitor to open automatically when upload completes:
* Options to get the Hex file path and open the Compilation folder in one click:
12. Better search and replace
Big project? Lots of tabs? No worries! Use the Search all tabs option:
13. Little Serial Monitor improvements
Hold the output unchecking “Receiving” when you like and/or set “AutoClear” to automatically clear the monitor output if more than 1 second elapsed since last data (debug anything with ease!), and reset button to manually reset some boards:
14. New WinAVR and RAM usage prediction
Official arduino uses ancient WinAVR (from 2008 or 2009), this version uses last one 20100110. Also based on http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1224729260/all (thanks to member dcb) IDE now shows ram usage to help begginers even more!:
15. Unninstall & small package
Not an improvement but as a normal windows app, includes an easy way to remove it and the setup including java and everything you need is about 35 mb.
Java & .Net updated code:
Commit History (features+source files):
* 1.0.5 20130524: Horizontal scroll is working properly now.
* 1.0.5 20130523: Updated to official 1.0.5 version. Some fixes in the Import library function. New option to avoid placing the cursor on the Setup function when opening a sketch.
* 1.0.4 20130331: avrdude wrapper now adds line breaks to the received messages.
* 1.0.4 20130330: Reset button in Serial Monitor. Adding atmega328 to avrdude.conf. Auto format now removes extra spaces.
* 1.0.4 20130314: Updated to official 1.0.4 version. New options in preferences to reuse always the current window and open the serial monitor as default. Driver installer updated. Font now is Source Code Pro due licensing of the old font. PATH is not modified anymore (uninstall previous version is recommended). Replace All button does not hang the interface anymore. Tab switching fixed. Control-C without selection now selects the whole line. Control-X at the end of the Sketch does not throws exceptions anymore. AvrDude.exe updated. Minor changes to the template Sketch to use the default Bare minimum sketch.
* 1.0.3 20130203: Key shortcut to upload and open the serial monitor is now Ctrl+M.
* 1.0.3 20130202: Tweaks for Windows 8 in the driver installer. Key shortcut to upload and open the serial monitor is now Ctrl+i to avoid issues with some locates. Returns the maximum items that fit in the current screen for the menu scroller now uses Paul Stoffregen code.
Fun fact: First version of this ‘idea’ of making an installer goes back to the year 2008: http://cl.ly/PDvw
changelog.txt (3.23 KB)