motor mount ???

I"m working on a robot ground vehicle, so need to start from a bare minimum chassis platform.

while many people use existing RC toy cars to start from, RC cars do not offer a flat and large platform, so I want to use a plexiglass sheet as body, and attach 4 wheels like this

http://www.robotshop.com/en/wheel-dc-motor-kit.html

but the problem is how to mount the wheels/motor onto the chassis ? the brute way would be just glue it on but that can be not precise.

teddyyyy123:
the brute way would be just glue it on but that can be not precise.

That worked for me. Why wouldn't it be precise?
I positioned wooden guide blocks first, to ensure that the motors were aligned correctly, held in place with hot-melt glue, glued the motors in place, then removed the guide-blocks with alcohol on a swab.
(I used 3mm clear acrylic sheet for my platform, cut to shape with a scroll-saw.)

thanks, I'll try that out

OldSteve:
That worked for me. Why wouldn't it be precise?
I positioned wooden guide blocks first, to ensure that the motors were aligned correctly, held in place with hot-melt glue, glued the motors in place, then removed the guide-blocks with alcohol on a swab.
(I used 3mm clear acrylic sheet for my platform, cut to shape with a scroll-saw.)

teddyyyy123:
but the problem is how to mount the wheels/motor onto the chassis ? the brute way would be just glue it on but that can be not precise.

Without mounting tabs (well, there is 1) what else can you do?