My arduino uno r4 wifi corrupted?

My Arduino is very corrupted you see, I was trying to delete the flash of the Arduino UNO R4 WIFI’s onboard ESP 32 and it was done on some sketchy website which google said me to go to but I also accidently shorted GND & ESP_EN instead of GND & ESP_DOWNLOAD which was recommended. Then, it started showing

up as an ESP Family Device in Arduino IDE, The newest version by the way. Guys, is there any way to fix it? Don’t tell me my board is fried!! But the old sketch it is running is working, it runs a BAD_APPLE_BAD_APPLE sketch and the matrix does display it, meaning it works. The proof is above or below.

Not sure why you would want to

but if there was a reason, why would you listen to google and go to a sketchy website. arduino.cc has ALL the documentation you need.

First explain what you want to do, not how to do it.

Well, I didn’t know that. But thanks!

The UNO R4 WiFi has specific firmware on the ESP chip that allows it to communicate with the Renesas RA4M1 MCU. If for any reason that firmware is wiped, it will present instead as an ordinary ESP32. This firmware can be restored and the board returned to normal operation by following this advice in this article:

https://support.arduino.cc/hc/en-us/articles/16379769332892-Restore-the-USB-connectivity-firmware-on-UNO-R4-WiFi-with-espflash

Hopefully that will be all that is required.

Ok @BitSeeker I will try that and give everyone an update on how it has gone.

Well, I wanted to delete the flash of the Arduino UNO R4 WIFI’s onboard ESP 32 because I thought it would be the cause of my last sketch was not accepting the new one!

Normally when you upload a new sketch it goes to the Arduino flash. In order to upload to the ESP32 chip, there is a special procedure. were you intentionally trying to upload code to the WiFi chip or just a normal UNO upload?

I tried to upload code to the ESP

Thank you guys for helping me!

It works perfectly now. Big thanks to @BitSeeker

I that case there is a special procedure for that.