n00b question: neatly wiring multiple pots

Hi all, very fresh to electronics so please bear with me :)

I'm putting together a control panel with 9 or 10 pots, most having three terminals.

I've made some nice little 3-way twisted cables all colour coded etc to connect to my Arduino megashield, but with so many cables around what I'm wondering is this:

If the ground + Vin cables are all going to the same 5v and ground bus on the megashield, is there a tidier way for me to do this than to run a bunch of 3-way cables? Can I just use jump wire to create my own ground/5v 'bus' around the pots?

I've tried checking out the wiki for voltage dividers but can't work out from that whether this is possible.

If the ground + Vin cables are all going to the same 5v and ground bus on the megashield, is there a tidier way for me to do this than to run a bunch of 3-way cables? Can I just use jump wire to create my own ground/5v 'bus' around the pots?

Yes you can. You should be able to connect the panel with just one wire per center pot terminal and one wire each for ground and +5vdc. Just 'daisy chain' the ground and +5v wire to each pot.

Lefty

Excellent - thanks for clearing that up for me :D

And then you can bundle the 10 wires for the centertaps with strips and then route the entire bundle to your pots, "branching" one wire out of the bundle at each pot.

Nice tip - I just got some rainbow ribbon cable which I've been hoping to put to good use.

btw if anyone has any links for more 'best practise' stuff like this I'd be very grateful!