Nano Every, 2nd is exactly the same but IDE doesn't see it.

Hello All,

After poking around the FAQ and still not finding an answer...

I had an Arduino Nano, getting it running was persnickety but I got it going and it worked fine.
Then I got an Arduino Every and after some machinations and troubles I got it going.
Then I got another Nano Every and my system wont recognize it.

However, when I unplug my new Nano Every and plug in my old one it works perfectly.

My Nano Everys are both actual Arduinos I purchased on Amazon. The new one works, yellow blinky but is unrecognized on my USB. And again, if I just swap it out and plug in my old one that one is recognized instantly.

I am sure I am doing something wrong. But what.

Btw. I am at the lowest paid level on Arduino Create on the Web (personal?) and also run the IDE Local on my Mac however the same issue arrises under both dev systems.

Thanks for any help. I hate flailing like this,,,I don't mind trying a bunch of stuff until something works but doing that and not knowing what solved the problem is were I am at right now. And its frustrating.

Thanks in advance, and truly sorry if my solution was deep in a faq or 'how to', I promise I looked.

Peace,
Paz

This post passed to customer support who should contact you soon.

Sorry about your experience.

Bob.

Are you using the same USB cable on the non-working Nano Every as you are on the working Nano Every. A common cause of these symptoms is using a defective or charge-only USB cable.

Make sure the USB cable is fully inserted into the USB socket on the board. On the brand new boards, the USB can take a little extra bit of a push to fully connect. When the USB plug isn't fully inserted, you can get power connection (and thus LEDs light up), but no data connection (and thus no port).

Solved,
Pushed harder on the USB and it worked. Sorry, I know that was in the FAQ as stuff to try but really, I've plugged stuff in before,,,that couldn't be it. But it was.
Peace,
Paz

I'm glad to hear it's working now. Thanks for taking the time to post an update. Enjoy!
Per