Need assistance and help on board to purchase as well as feed back

I am thinking of making an automated sliding door with 2 DC motors or servo motor that opens and when the door touches a limit switch a 7 segment display would count down and after it counts down to 0 the door would close. Can anyone help me whether can it be done with any arduino board available and if so which arduino should i get ?

yx3125:
I am thinking of making an automated sliding door with 2 DC motors or servo motor that opens and when the door touches a limit switch a 7 segment display would count down and after it counts down to 0 the door would close. Can anyone help me whether can it be done with any arduino board available and if so which arduino should i get ?

Any Arduino will work for this project. Is the door sliding up/down or side-to-side? IF up/down, will gravity be able to close the door? If side-to-side, what will close the door? You state the motor only opens the door.

You may need something else to control the amperage going to the motor/motors?

Paul

Paul_KD7HB:
Any Arduino will work for this project. Is the door sliding up/down or side-to-side? IF up/down, will gravity be able to close the door? If side-to-side, what will close the door? You state the motor only opens the door.

You may need something else to control the amperage going to the motor/motors?

Paul

Hi Paul,

The door is to slide side to side. regarding about the amperage how do I do that any suggestions? is there any other things i should get to go with the arduino?

You may want to get a sensor to tell you when the door is open and when it is closed. IR obstacle detection sensors can tell you when the door passes by a certain point, one placed on the far end to see when it's open and one placed near the frame to sense when it's closed. They are inexpensive and readily available, and use digital pins. For such a simple project any board will work, the good old Uno is a great place to start.

BryanTmann:
You may want to get a sensor to tell you when the door is open and when it is closed. IR obstacle detection sensors can tell you when the door passes by a certain point, one placed on the far end to see when it's open and one placed near the frame to sense when it's closed. They are inexpensive and readily available, and use digital pins. For such a simple project any board will work, the good old Uno is a great place to start.

Hi Bryan,
Thanks for that suggestion, I would do that for improvements after having to do the main function thank you very much. Great so an Uno board would be enough? any other add ons you would suggest? i m rather new to doing so many functions thank you in advance

up