Need help with a project

Hello everyone!

So i am using 6 arduino micro to create a "trip wire." The LED is an RGB one and i have a touch sensor on it. I can get it to operate perfect but the 9v battery seems to heat up after about 20 min and the LEDs start to turn off. What can i do to fix this issue? Should i try and use 6 AA batteries for it? Any suggestions help!

I moved your topic to an appropriate forum category @mathes13698.

In the future, please take some time to pick the forum category that best suits the subject of your topic. There is an "About the _____ category" topic at the top of each category that explains its purpose.

This is an essential part of responsible forum usage, as explained in the "How to get the best out of this forum" guide. It contains a lot of other useful information. Please read it.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Yes.
Although you might need even more current capacity. How long do you want it to run for before changing the batteries?

However remember that a normal regulator just burns excess power when as a buck converter is much more efficent.

I am just trying to get it to run for an hour or longer. I'll look into the buck converter now! Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 180 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.