Need two wire libraries in different locations

In my sketch I have included two libraries:

#include <Wire.h> // Serial "Wire" library
#include <LCD16x2.h> // OLIMEX LCD-library

When compiling I get the following error message:

"E:\Private\Arduino\My Projects\libraries\LCD16x2\LCD16x2.cpp:24:26: fatal error: ../Wire/Wire.h: No such file or directory

#include "../Wire/Wire.h"

^

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno."

If I install another copy of the wire library to E:\Private\Arduino\My Projects\libraries\

I get the following note:

"Multiple libraries were found for "Wire.h"
Used: E:\Private\Arduino\My Projects\libraries\Wire
Not used: C:\Users\elehto\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\arduino\hardware\avr\1.6.10\libraries\Wire"

This does not make any sense to me. Any advice of the root cause?

The Olimex library is located in E:\Private\Arduino\My Projects\libraries.

The best fix is probably to first delete the second copy of the "Wire" library that you created, (it's not needed), then edit the "E:\Private\Arduino\My Projects\libraries\LCD16x2\LCD16x2.cpp" file and change the line:-#include "../Wire/Wire.h"to#include <Wire.h>

Where did the "LCD16x2" library come from? Do you have a link?
It's OK, I found it. Here:-

OldSteve:
Where did the "LCD16x2" library come from? Do you have a link?
It's OK, I found it. Here:-
GitHub - mugroma3/focus-stacking: focus stacking project - firmware

Actually I think it's https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/Shields/SHIELD-LCD16x2/resources/OLIMEXINO-328-LCD16x2.zip
Too bad they don't have it on their GitHub or I'd drop a pull request. Pretty sad that such a large manufacturer of Arduino compatible boards and shields doesn't know better.

pert:
Actually I think it's https://www.olimex.com/Products/Duino/Shields/SHIELD-LCD16x2/resources/OLIMEXINO-328-LCD16x2.zip
Too bad they don't have it on their GitHub or I'd drop a pull request. Pretty sad that such a large manufacturer of Arduino compatible boards and shields doesn't know better.

Yep, that's the same one that I linked, but in it's original location. The one I linked appears to have been modified in other ways. The comments on the header and *.cpp file say "additional delay and minor fix". Pity they didn't do more of a 'fix'.

You're right, they should know better. I'm an absolute beginner, and I do.

I've seen this a couple of times with the "Wire" library over the last couple of weeks. At least it's easier to fix than some problems. :slight_smile:

And I'm pretty ignorant about GitHub - don't even know what a "pull request" is. :frowning:
Edit: Just did a bit of quick reading - I understand now. :slight_smile:

Thank you - this solved the problem!

ELohiiri:
Thank you - this solved the problem!

Excellent. Another happy customer. :smiley: