NEMA 23 And Motor Driver Specification Question

So I have just purchased a NEMA 23 [High Torque Nema 23 CNC Stepper Motor 3.5A 3Nm(425oz.in) 23HS45-3504S], a Motor Driver [2/4 phase Nema 23 Stepper Motor Driver 24-50VDC 1.5A-4.5A 256 Microstep M542T] and a Switching Power Supply [Switching Power Supply 100W 24V 4.5A for CNC Router Kits 115V/230V S-100-24]. Below I have attached links where you can find specifications and the data sheets for each. My question concerns the current and voltage I should apply to the NEMA 23.

I am looking for a high torque (low speed) application, and so speed is not really concern, I care more about accuracy, so I will most likely use larger steps which can retain there intermediate positions with higher precision. Currently the Power Supply is pushing out 24V to the Driver. Here is where I am stuck. The driver has many switches and configurations for the current output. Specifically, it has a full and a half current mode and I am not sure if they are as simple as they seem. If I have the Current Mode Table to Half-Current Mode and the Current Table to 4.5A Peak, does this simply mean that the Motor Driver is pushing out half of 4.5A (2.25A) to the NEMA 23? If so, then would it be safe to switch the driver to Full-Current Mode and send the Motor 3.2A (the motor is rated for 3.5A). I know this may seem like a simple question, but there are always concerns about Back EMF and the like and I would really like to not destroy my NEMA 23 before really using it.

I hope this makes sense and please ask me any questions you may have. Thank you so much for your time!

Motor: Nema 23 Bipolar 3Nm (425oz.in) 3.5A 57x57x114mm 4 Wires CNC ...

Driver: http://www.omc-stepperonline.com/24-phase-nema-23-stepper-motor-driver-2450vdc-15a45a-256-microstep-m542t-p-293.html

Supply: http://www.omc-stepperonline.com/switching-power-supply-100w-24v-45a-for-cnc-router-kits-115v230v-s10024-p-154.html

I have some experience with steppers and their drivers. But it was the first time that I realized that the manufacturers come around with half current mode.

I checked your URL but at the OMC's site there was no further information about this mode.
Maybe they implemented it to give the users more current values to adjust closer to a motor's spec.

Just go with full current and with 3.2A. Here you are
a) on the safe side not to burn your motor and
b) close to the maximum current spec of your stepper

Thanks for the response. I too have never seen the Half-Current Mode, and that is why I was a bit iffy on the subject. I think I will end up with the 3.2 A as well. I really appreciate the response.

This is a standard feature - if the motor hasn't moved for a while the current is dropped to reduce heat
generation. Since torque drops dramatically with speed for steppers, there is usually far more torque
at stationary than is needed, so this neatly drops power consumption by a large factor when the motor
is idle.

I am looking for a high torque (low speed) application, and so speed is not really concern, I care more about accuracy, so I will most likely use larger steps which can retain there intermediate positions with higher precision

No, use microstepping, basically always use microstepping, especially for low speed... Your
assertion that large steps are somehow more rigid isn't true.

MarkT:
This is a standard feature - if the motor hasn't moved for a while the current is dropped to reduce heat
generation. Since torque drops dramatically with speed for steppers, there is usually far more torque
at stationary than is needed, so this neatly drops power consumption by a large factor when the motor
is idle.
No, use microstepping, basically always use microstepping, especially for low speed... Your
assertion that large steps are somehow more rigid isn't true.

Sounds good, I will go ahead and give them both a try. Appreciate the response!

I have same hw configuration. Could you share with me a diagram of your wiring and a code sample for arduino? I cannot manage to move my motor, when my code reaches the instruction of set HIGH the PULSE pin, red alarm light of driver turn on and motor became disabled .... Thanks in advance for your help