New board for projects

We just assembled this board, uses 4 74HC595 to control 32 AOI518 or AOI516 N-channel MOSFETs.
Will do some testing tomorrow, got some LED strips I can connect up.
Designed for 1A loads at each screw terminal from 12V supply, so something like 50 groups of 3 LEDs in series.
Each group of 8 has its own 12V connection, with Gnd for all connected.
I only had #4-40 screws & nylon standoffs to mount an Arduino. There are 4 holes for an Uno, I found this Duemilanove first tho for pictures.
We’ll selling these too, $45.25 for kits shipped to US addresses, $86.75 for assembled boards.
I only have transistors for the 1 board on hand; if you’d like a different TO-251A compatible part they can be subbed in instead.

AOI516.pdf (326 KB)

Got some fiber washers under the nuts? ;)

Looks like I have to sell some more bottles: 5-bobuinos, 1-of these, and 5-1284top cards.

Good stuff sir!

For the picture, no spacers under the nuts or screw heads, need to find my package of nylon washers still.

Just ordered parts for 20 Bobuino2 boards.
Stencil! Rats, thought I had all the bits ordered - one more thing to order …
Need to order 1284 Ardweeny type boards too.

I assume you'll have some of MAX7219 daisychainable breakout boards when the Bobuino2 is ready?

I have the MAX7219 boards now. Got 4 designs all in the works, and I still need to get my lawn cut!

CrossRoads: I still need to get my lawn cut!

That'll teach you to send your kid away to college. How's he doing, btw?

3.72 gpa. 7 As, 1 B so far. Started school as a sophomore, full time job as summer intern doing java programming, seems to like it. Be a junior in the fall.

CrossRoads: 3.72 gpa. 7 As, 1 B so far. Started school as a sophomore, full time job as summer intern doing java programming, seems to like it. Be a junior in the fall.

New terminology to me: sophomore = 2nd academic year and junior = 3rd? So he gained a year, wasn't a fresher? Very nice.

If he's working from home in the summer at least he can do the garden....

When he went to freshman orientation to sign up for classes, he had 32 AP (advanced placement) credits, all math & science, all with 5's on the AP tests. They looked at that and said you don't need this & that & this & that freshman classes - congrat's you're a sophomore!

Takes after mom! and dad

Got us both beat - we never skipped freshman year!

Would you attach a simple sketch to show how to turn on output 1 then output 32?

I use SPI for everything. D13 to CLK, D11 to DI, D10 to SS.

digitalWrite (ssPin, LOW);
SPI.transfer(0x01);
SPI.transfer(0x00);
SPI.transfer(0x00);
SPI.transfer(0x00);
digitalWrite (ssPin, HIGH);

then
digitalWrite (ssPin, LOW);
SPI.transfer(0x00);
SPI.transfer(0x00);
SPI.transfer(0x00);
SPI.transfer(0x80);
digitalWrite (ssPin, HIGH);

Connect OE/ to Gnd, or to an IO pin and drive it low.

Look forward to getting a board when I ordered the stuff.