New to Arduino, Need help coding for small home project will pay

Hi guys!

I am very new to arduino and coding in general, and am trying to compete a project for my new kitchen. I am doing under cabinet lighting and am wanting to use an arduino with capacitive touch sensor to turn on my led ballast via pwm, and also have a few brightness settings. Basivally ON, Dim1, Dim2, and off, im sure pretty simple for anyone experienced at programming. I purchased a DAC and i know i have to make an opamp circuit to double the voltage for my ballast ( input is 0-10 volts not pwm ). I think i am going to buy a pwm ballast to make things cleaner but for now this is what i have.

I have managed to hack together other peoples code to get the capacitive sensor working, and the led but i need some help finishing the project. The code is attached that i have managed to get working. Let me know what this would cost, thanks!!

buttonpushled.ino (1.53 KB)

HI J5Coat,

Have you looked at the Adafruit capacitive touch breakout board (link)?

It sounds like you understand the mains part (ballast, etc.)

Pat.

Thanks for the reply Pat. I have a few capacitive touch sensors as well as made one myself ( I plan to use some of the same metal for my countertop edge, anodized aluminum) the sensor is not the hard part for me it's getting the code going. I really do not know how to code, or even really edit code. Just managed to find someone else's code that almost does what I need.

Hi j5,

I can take a look tomorrow and see what's left to do.

Sincerely,

Pat (AKA "patduino" in the Arduino forums)
phennessey@eng.tamarcove.net

Tamar Cove Engineering
https://eng.tamarcove.net

Hi Joshua,

Here's a snapshot of what the main loop should look like, with the capacitive sensor, based on the Capacitive Sensor library by Paul Bagder: CapacitiveSensor

void loop() {
  static unsigned long last_triggered = 0;

// check status of touch sensor, if we're outside of the lockout period
  if (millis() - last_triggered >= Lockout) {
    if (Touch_Sensor.capacitiveSensor(Touch_Sensor_Samples) > Touch_Sensor_Threshold) {
      Controller.Set_Trigger(Button_Pressed);
      last_triggered = millis();
    }
  }

// update lighting control state machine
  Controller.Update();
}

The rest of the code manages the OFF -> ON -> MED -> LOW -> OFF state control logic.

Pat.