No notifications!?!?

I have tried two email addresses and I just can't get notifications when people reply to my threads.....what am I doing wrong?

Tick the box requesting notifications when making the post, double checked my email address, checked the spam folder, but nothing?

Notification apparently does not work here (or does not work well enough.) Nobody who can fix it cares.

If you check the Forum regularly to see if there has been a Reply to your question you may also find the opportunity to help another person with his/her question.

...R

Try this:

• Click the circle with your profile picture at the top right corner of the website.
  • Click "Profile".
  • Click "Forum Settings > Edit".
  • Click the "Settings" button.
  • Click "Notifications".
  • Check the box next to "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.".
  • Check the box above and below "Follow topics I reply to.". It looks like they messed up the formatting in that section of preferences, since those boxes are supposed to be lined up in columns.
  • Click the "Save Settings" button.

When I made my first post on this forum years ago I was quite astounded to later come across that thread and find I had a reply, yet had not received any notifications of this! Then I discovered that these notifications are not enabled by default. I've always wondered how many people who post here and get helpful answers never know of it.

pert:
When I made my first post on this forum years ago I was quite astounded to later come across that thread and find I had a reply, yet had not received any notifications of this! Then I discovered that these notifications are not enabled by default. I've always wondered how many people who post here and get helpful answers never know of it.

My guess would be over 50%. That is why I always write only a very short first comment

Robin2:
If you check the Forum regularly to see if there has been a Reply to your question you may also find the opportunity to help another person with his/her question.

...R

You vastly overestimate my level of skills, not sure I have ever managed to help anyone here! Hope to be able to one-day thought! :slight_smile:

pert:
Try this:

• Click the circle with your profile picture at the top right corner of the website.
  • Click "Profile".
  • Click "Forum Settings > Edit".
  • Click the "Settings" button.
  • Click "Notifications".
  • Check the box next to "Turn notification on when you post or reply to a topic.".
  • Check the box above and below "Follow topics I reply to.". It looks like they messed up the formatting in that section of preferences, since those boxes are supposed to be lined up in columns.
  • Click the "Save Settings" button.

Thanks @pert have done that now, so hope it fixes my problems! (Thank you for taking the time to write that up for me, sincerely appreciated!)

I hope you will get a notification of this reply n00b.

pert:
I hope you will get a notification of this reply n00b.

Nope :frowning: must still be missing something?

n00b:
You vastly overestimate my level of skills,

Don't underestimate yourself. You may have skills or experience in some other area that could be very useful for somebody. For many questions on the Forum the solution has little or nothing to do with Arduino program code.

...R

n00b:
Nope :frowning: must still be missing something?

Because it doesn't work.

ChrisTenone:
Because it doesn't work.

That one did.... the irony! :slight_smile:

I often get results by being contrary.

Ever since I've set the notification preferences, I never noticed a single problem with getting emails about replies to threads or being quoted. I don't know about the forum's "Alerts" system. I've never bothered to look at that much.

pert:
Ever since I've set the notification preferences, I never noticed a single problem with getting emails about replies to threads or being quoted. I don't know about the forum's "Alerts" system. I've never bothered to look at that much.

Yeah, I'm 98% sure I'm doing something wrong, but I have only ever received one notification via email

Darn. I was hoping ChrisTenone's contrariwise magic had done the trick.

pert:

:slight_smile: got that one! seems any mention of ChrisTenone makes it work! :slight_smile:

pert:

Works wonders at home.