"onesheeld.h no such file or directory"

Hi, I get this error message and I'm completely lost. the "oneshield" file is located in ..arduino/libraries and is shown as installed , also I have all the examples of 1sheeld codes. but it seems ardunio can't find the library. I installed it from the " manage libraries" tab. I tried coping the files to arduinodata folder also but nothing works I tried everything. there is no other location in the computer related to arduino except the ones I mentioned so I'm not sure what to do now..

StrikEagle:
Hi, I get this error message and I'm completely lost. the "oneshield" file is located in

Are you sure you have the spelling correct. You have different spellings in your Title and in the body of your Post.

Also, are you sure the capitalisation is correct?

...R

If it helps, the library appears to be called OneSheeld

Robin2:
Are you sure you have the spelling correct. You have different spellings in your Title and in the body of your Post.

Also, are you sure the capitalisation is correct?

...R

yes I just typed manually the body and the title. anyway I checked it a millions times all the spelling is correct. also its not me who names the name of the folders its done automatically when I install the library

UKHeliBob:
If it helps, the library appears to be called OneSheeld

yes it is located where it should with the name "OneSheeld"

Please post the program that fails to compile and confirm exactly where OneSheeld.h is installed

StrikEagle:
also its not me who names the name of the folders its done automatically when I install the library

No, it's just up to you to use the correct name in your code. So, perhaps you should post it.

gfvalvo:
No, it’s just up to you to use the correct name in your code. So, perhaps you should post it.

I just used a ready example so i didnt typed the code… here I will copy and paste the relevant part of the code of the example:

#define CUSTOM_SETTINGS
#define INCLUDE_CAMERA_SHIELD
#define INCLUDE_TWITTER_SHIELD

/* Include 1Sheeld library. */
#include <OneSheeld.h>

/* A name for the button on pin 12. /
int buttonPin = 12;
/
A name for the LED on pin 13. */
int ledPin = 13;

UKHeliBob:
Please post the program that fails to compile and confirm exactly where OneSheeld.h is installed

just posted the program above. in any code it fails every time I type “include <OnesSheeld.h>”

the “OneSheeld.h” file is located at: documents/arduino/libraries/OneSheeld

Please post the full error message and the full program code

UKHeliBob:
Please post the full error message and the full program code

code:
"

/*

Camera Shield Example

This example shows an application on 1Sheeld’s camera shield.

By using this example, you can take a photo using your phone’s
camera each time you press the hardware push button placed on
pin 12.

OPTIONAL:
To reduce the library compiled size and limit its memory usage, you
can specify which shields you want to include in your sketch by
defining CUSTOM_SETTINGS and the shields respective INCLUDE_ define.

*/

#define CUSTOM_SETTINGS
#define INCLUDE_CAMERA_SHIELD
#define INCLUDE_TWITTER_SHIELD

/* Include 1Sheeld library. */
#include <OneSheeld.h>

/* A name for the button on pin 12. /
int buttonPin = 12;
/
A name for the LED on pin 13. */
int ledPin = 13;

void setup()
{
/* Start communication. /
OneSheeld.begin();
/
Set the button pin as input. /
pinMode(buttonPin,INPUT);
/
Set the LED pin as output. */
pinMode(ledPin,OUTPUT);
}

void loop()
{
/* Always check the button state. /
if(digitalRead(buttonPin) == HIGH)
{
/
Turn on the LED. /
digitalWrite(ledPin,HIGH);
/
Turn on the camera flash. /
Camera.setFlash(ON);
/
Take the picture. /
Camera.rearCapture();
/
Wait for 10 seconds. /
OneSheeld.delay(10000);
/
Post the picture on Twitter. /
Twitter.tweetLastPicture(“Posted by @1Sheeld and @Arduino”);
}
else
{
/
Turn off the LED. */
digitalWrite(ledPin,LOW);
}

}

"

error:
"
Camera:23:23: error: OneSheeld.h: No such file or directory

compilation terminated.

exit status 1
OneSheeld.h: No such file or directory
"

I copied the program that you posted and compiled it. Not surprisingly I get the same error as you because I had not installed the library. After installing the OneSheeld library using the IDE Library Manager the code compiled OK for me.

I would try closing down the IDE, deleting the OneSheeld folder, restarting the IDE and installing the library again.

UKHeliBob:
I copied the program that you posted and compiled it. Not surprisingly I get the same error as you because I had not installed the library. After installing the OneSheeld library using the IDE Library Manager the code compiled OK for me.

I would try closing down the IDE, deleting the OneSheeld folder, restarting the IDE and installing the library again.

already did it like 5 times.. deleted everything of the onesheeld and reinstalled it again, closed and opened IDE too many times. nothing works.

I opened the app and it showed this message when I clicked "more information" :

"IMPORTANT: This app performs with core functionality on Windows 10 S but some limited plugins do not work. We are working with Microsoft on a fix."

maybe this is my problem??

Which Operating System are you using ?

UKHeliBob:
Which Operating System are you using ?

windows 10 Home

StrikEagle:
windows 10 Home

Me too

Just as a test, try copying the contents the OneSheeld library folder into the same folder as the sketch and change

#include <OneSheeld.h>

to

#include "OneSheeld.h">

StrikEagle:
the "OneSheeld.h" file is located at: documents/arduino/libraries/OneSheeld

Is the Arduino IDE's File > Preferences > Sketchbook location set to documents/arduino?

StrikEagle:
I opened the app and it showed this message when I clicked "more information" :

"IMPORTANT: This app performs with core functionality on Windows 10 S but some limited plugins do not work. We are working with Microsoft on a fix."

maybe this is my problem??

I guess you're using the Windows App version of the Arduino IDE. I don't think that warning indicates any problem and is almost certainly not the cause of your current error. My guess is this means maybe you would have trouble using certain 3rd party plugins/tools for the Arduino IDE. An example of one of these plugins is the "ESP Exception Decoder". There is one or two other plugins for the ESP8266/ESP32 and I'm not aware of any other 3rd party plugins other than that. I don't know that any of those plugins are affected by this issue. So I don't think this is a very big cause for concern, unless you happen to need one of those plugins.

Of course, you can also just use the standard Arduino IDE for Windows instead of messing with the Windows App version.

UKHeliBob:
Me too

Just as a test, try copying the contents the OneSheeld library folder into the same folder as the sketch and change

#include <OneSheeld.h>

to

#include "OneSheeld.h">

tried it, doesn’t work… (also tried #include “OneSheeld.h”, and tried coping the content to different folders not only the sketch one)

pert:
Is the Arduino IDE’s File > Preferences > Sketchbook location set to documents/arduino?
I guess you’re using the Windows App version of the Arduino IDE. I don’t think that warning indicates any problem and is almost certainly not the cause of your current error. My guess is this means maybe you would have trouble using certain 3rd party plugins/tools for the Arduino IDE. An example of one of these plugins is the “ESP Exception Decoder”. There is one or two other plugins for the ESP8266/ESP32 and I’m not aware of any other 3rd party plugins other than that. I don’t know that any of those plugins are affected by this issue. So I don’t think this is a very big cause for concern, unless you happen to need one of those plugins.

Of course, you can also just use the standard Arduino IDE for Windows instead of messing with the Windows App version.

yes the preferences are set to documents/arduino.
I tried using the regular download instead of the app. it gives the same error… its like all the files inside the “OneSheeld” folder doesn’t exist but they are all there.

UKHeliBob:
Me too

#include <OneSheeld.h>

to

#include "OneSheeld.h">

Update: this one works now when I tried doing it after reinstalling the library again… Thank you very much! and thank you all who tried to help. I hope this post can help others who have the same problem.