openGLCD and WG19264D. 3 columns display.

Hello friends. I use openGLCD for connect this display to Arduino. And problem in three columns in this display. How i can moddify sketch for three columns?

Bad English. I know :confused:

I am assuming you are using a 192x64 display instead of a 128x64 display?

You have to modify the config file. It is down in openGLCD/openGLCD_Config.h The config file controls the type of display, the geometry, and which pin configuration file is used.

There is more information about this in the documentation that comes with the library.

If you have already modified the config file for the larger display and are still having problems. Then you should run the diagnostic sketch. That is used to help find configuration and wiring issues. If you post the serial output from that sketch I can help you figure out how to fix it.

--- bill

Friend, as I understand you, I have to change this file. I understand I need to uncomment the line with my display? And then where do I find out pins to connect the columns (for example, A0, A1 and even what?) I'm a complete novice at this, but I want to try. :)

Godygadu: Friend, as I understand you, I have to change this file. I understand I need to uncomment the line with my display? And then where do I find out pins to connect the columns (for example, A0, A1 and even what?) I'm a complete novice at this, but I want to try. :)

Have you read the included html documentation? It has information on how to configure the library and how to wire up the panels.

--- bill

I have uncommented #define GLCDCFG_GLCDCONFIG "config/ks0108/AutoConfig_ks0108-HJ19264A_Panel.h" in openGLCD_Config.h

And everything is working except that for the demo sketch (ks0108example) the right "box" is never written to. The middle box says FPS=14.

Is there something else I am suppose to do?

You can only specify one config file at a time. You must also comment out the original config file line.

Also, the configuration used must match the display as different 192x64 displays handle their chip select lines differently. There is more than one way to configure the chip select pins for that sized display. That is why there is more than one 192x64 configuration file. My guess is that you are using a configuration file that does not match the glcd you have.

• Do you have a HJ19264A display?

• Can you provide the link to the datasheet for your display?

The diag sketch is the best tool to help diagnose issues.

Does it display the expected results? Does it display the test expected patterns on the full glcd as shown in the documentation?

--- bill

I have the same display as the one here β†’ 192Γ—64 pixel Graphics LCD Module – WoodUino.ca

To be honest, I am not quite sure what I am suppose to see with the demos and which ones I am suppose to run for my LCD.

The GLCD_BigDemo does write to parts of the right third of the panel.

Changing AutoConfig_ks0108-192x64_Panel.h NBR_CHIP_SELECT_PINS from 2 to 3 doesn’t seem to make much difference.

Unfortunately, I didn't notice that ieee488 had hijacked this thread and I responded to his posts thinking it was Godygadu. So now there are two different discussions going on in this thread. That really complicates things. While the issue is likely to be the same (using an incorrect config file), I really don't like trying to deal with two people potentially having different issues in the same thread.

I'd like to return back to trying to help Godygadu with his issue in this thread. ieee488 can you start a new thread for your discussion?

In the mean time, here is some information the relates to both situations. The library must know how to drive the chip select pins. The chip select pins work differently on different glcd modules. The config file tells the library how the number of chip select pins and how to drive them to be able to properly select the correct chip which controls a 64x64 set of pixels. If this information is incorrect, then the library can not properly drive the display. Nearly all 128x64 display's chip select lines work the same. With 192x64 there are several different ways of handling the CS pins and I haven't see a particular dominate way. Some are active low, some are active high, the number of chip select pins can vary, and then the way you signal which chip you want can vary even when the active level and chip select pins is the same. The config file controls all this.

This is why you must have the data sheet for the display you have. The datasheet not only provides the pinout for the module (which also varies between modules) but also provides the information on the chip select logic.

This information is used to verify or correct the chip select information in the config file. You shouldn't just guess at config information as an incorrect guess can potentially damage either the glcd module or the Arduino.

And always use the diag sketch until things are working. There is little point in using other sketches when the basic electrical interface isn't yet working.

--- bill

Hello again. I've already decided my problem. I was able to connect the display to the Arduino. Now I'm trying to collect the test clock, but the problem is that time.h it not connected to the test sketch although it is in the same folder as the test sketch.

Time.h (not time.h) is part of the Time library and will be installed as part of the Time library. If you have a recent IDE you can install the TIme library using the library manager in the IDE.

note: If you have IDE 1.6.7 the diag sketch will not compile. It is a problem with the IDE but there is a simple work around in the sketch. I have already updated the diag sketch and it will be in the next release. If you are using 1.6.7 IDE, then I can give you a fix if you want to run the diag sketch.

--- bill

I have 1.6.7 IDE.

Godygadu: I have 1.6.7 IDE.

The diag sketch wouldn't build on that IDE version due to IDE parsing issues. So you were not following my instructions to run the diag sketch?

For the time being to deal with the 1.6.7 IDE issue I have created temporary "hot fix" RC2-14 release. (It has not been testing like I test normal releases and I'm not going to publish release notes for it) You can find it on the openGLCD bitbucket server. It will work around the 1.6.7 IDE issue so the diag sketch will compile.

I plan on moving to a 1.0 release very soon which will be fully tested and have release notes.

--- bill