OSEPP DHT11 BRICK/OSEPP 2560 R3 PLUS

hello all, completely new to this hardware aspect of programming and am currently trying and not succeeding in connecting the dht11 to the 2560…or at least according to the IDE I’m not! I have set up the wiring as such ( please see att. photos)

I am positive that I am running proper DHT11 code however I am not sure if there is a another library issue occurring… like maybe old code/improper baud/improper timeouts etc etc…

IDE currently is 1.6.7
Tried using at least 30 different libraries/code
including the famed Rob Tillaart! and sadly I am still failing…

I seem to be consistently receiving the error message of “time out error” temperature -999.0* humidity -999.0*

dhtlib_timeout is set to f_cpu/40000…

Ive been searching on this site and online for about a solid 4 hours now and I give… I’d love someone to school me on this issue…

I am not the coding progammer however, just a friend posting this for him while he tries to figure out the issue so please excuse any poor terminology or like-wise problems! He will be responding to you gents/ladies…thanks again.

-J

Hi,

Hmmm. This SHOULD be easy...

See the page on the ArduinoInfo.Info HERE:

LOTS of people have had this work and Rob's library is excellent.

MAYBE there is some weird issue with 1.6.7 and libraries. Try downloading earlier version like 1.6.0 and try that. If it's that, please communicate with Rob Tillaart and let him know. If I have time I'll check it out...

ok thank you, were going to be trying a new sensor tomorrow and will try loading a pre-existing version..thanks!