Other projects

Hello,
I wanted to make a rover with an arduino uno and I'm not sure where to start. I wanted to make it smartphone controlled and i figured that out with a bluetooth module but I'm not sure how i will make it control multiple things like the motors and rotation.
Can anyone please help me?
thank you :slight_smile:

There are motor shields you can buy, that's probably the best advice I can give you, also for rotation you can either use tank controls, meaning one side's wheels go forward and the other side goes backwards, or you can use survo motors to turn your wheels

tayler6000:
or you can use survo motors to turn your wheels

Thank you so much for the advice Tayler6000 but i have one doubt "servo motor's can only rotate 180 degrees"

I think @ tayler6000 means using a servo to steer the wheels.

However you can get continuous rotation servos and you can often convert a regular servo to continuous rotation.

For controlling multiple things have a look at Several Things at a Time

For receiving data using Bluetooth have a look at Serial Input Basics

...R

If you want smartphone control, you need an app to run on your phone. What app do you plan to use?

Weedpharma

weedpharma:
If you want smartphone control, you need an app to run on your phone. What app do you plan to use?

Weedpharma

I plan to use the app "bluetooth rc controller". And thank you very much for the links and advice @Robin2.

Robin2:
I think @ tayler6000 means using a servo to steer the wheels.

However you can get continuous rotation servos and you can often convert a regular servo to continuous rotation.

Continuous servos make GREAT direct drive wheel motors for low power robots. You can run them with the same code as a regular servo except the input is interpreted as speed and direction, rather than as angle. This makes both the programming and the hardware easy.

Robin2:
For controlling multiple things have a look at Several Things at a Time

This post alone is worth the price of admission for anyone beginning their first serious project!

Hello,

I just finished my arduino starter kit. And I'm trying to build a rover(I am a newbie and not much educated in this :confused: )I have lots of problems but the main problem is the code. I'm not sure how to control multiple things at the same time with the code. The things I want to control are the wheels(4 wheels). Another problem is that the head attached to the body using a stick-like-thing (which consists of the lens) is rotatable, I thought I would use a servo motor but I'm having trouble in how I will control it from my smartphone. By the way my rover will use a bluetooth module so I can control it from my smartphone :slight_smile:

Dyewanya:
I'm not sure how to control multiple things at the same time with the code.

Start by having a look at Several Things at a Time

I'm having trouble in how I will control it from my smartphone. By the way my rover will use a bluetooth module so I can control it from my smartphone :slight_smile:

You may get some ideas from this RemoteXY Thread or this Thread

...R

Even the big boys have problems with using quote tags! " [/quote]"

Weedpharma

weedpharma:
Even the big boys have problems with using quote tags! " "

Thanks. I have fixed Reply #8.

...R

Just a note on the 'app' side of things..

Its worth a look to check out the MIT App Inventor stuff..

I just made my first bluetooth app using it the other day

(nothing too special.. just some sliders to control an RGB led I have in a laser cut lamp I made)

but it was a good 'cut your teeth' project.. to get familiar with the App Inventor layout/building blocks..etc