P10 LED matrix help.

Hello.

Is this type of P10 LED Display compatible with the DMD libraries found online. I have recently purchased this P10 LED Matrix and I have tried in replicating some projects on YouTube but I never got the results like shown on the video. Ultimately, the LEDs did not light up whatsoever. My guess and I hope I’m wrong, is that my purchased matrix is different and not compatible with an Arduino.

It's very unlikely that your panel is incompatible with Arduino. But it may be incompatible with the sketch you are using.

I suggest you have a read of the forum guide in the "read this" sticky post and include all the important pieces of information it talks about there. Pictures by themselves won't be enough for us to help very much.

"P10" only says one thing about the panel: that the pitch, the space between the centre of each led and the next, is 10mm.

On the back it says "hub12". This may be more important and say something about the signal protocol you must use. Try googling for hub12 and Arduino sketch.

It would be useful to know from where this display was purchased.

“P10” often seems to refer to the Freetronics display though it does not seem to be quite the same.

Freetronics of course, provides complete support for their module.

Paul__B:
It would be useful to know from where this display was purchased.

"P10" often seems to refer to the Freetronics display though it does not seem to be quite the same.

Freetronics of course, provides complete support for their module.

I have purchased it through online. It said it was shipped from China. The description said it was a P10 LED Matrix.

PaulRB:
It's very unlikely that your panel is incompatible with Arduino. But it may be incompatible with the sketch you are using.

I suggest you have a read of the forum guide in the "read this" sticky post and include all the important pieces of information it talks about there. Pictures by themselves won't be enough for us to help very much.

"P10" only says one thing about the panel: that the pitch, the space between the centre of each led and the next, is 10mm.

On the back it says "hub12". This may be more important and say something about the signal protocol you must use. Try googling for hub12 and Arduino sketch.

I really appreciate the reply. To be honest, this is really my first project involving an Arduino.

ivanalbaracin:
this is really my first project involving an Arduino.

You are trying to run before you have learned to walk. Any project involving a display like this is not a beginner’s project.

@ivanalbaracin

Other post DELETED.

Please READ THIS to help you get the best out of the forum.

Bob.