Peltier with 12v 6a

Dear all,

I have been using a peltier controlled system and found that my peltier can only cool to around 15 degrees celsius. The load has only been using 2.6A ish. Does the removal of heat from the hot side increases the current draw and make the peltier cool side even cooler. Im currently using a heat sink for the peltier, not sure if i should get a cooling fan to cool the heat sink. Just wants to know if the higher amp can cool it even lower.

king...

Peltier devices are low efficiency and thus typically generate more heat than they transport - removing
the waste heat is indeed essential to operation - definitely need a good fan to get any reasonable performance.

Does the removal of heat from the hot side increases the current draw and make the peltier cool side even cooler

Yes, because Peltier devices generate a temperature difference between the hot and cold side, which depends on the current flow. Reduce the temperature of the hot side to lower the temperature of the cold side.

Typically a device is generating more heat than the thing it is cooling, so unless there is efficient heat removal
both sides get hotter.

Look at the data sheets on Peltier devices. They can only cool to some degree below ambient temperature. To get really cold, you need a water cooled heat sink.

Paul