Pest Repeller

Hi guys!
Have anyone ever build a Pest Reppler, we have mosquitoes problems here in our area, and its so freaking hot that we need to open the windows by night to get som sleep, well until the attacks!
I was upp and killed around 79 mosquitoes, my children thing they are horrible!
Was checking if anyone here ever made or tho of making a pest reppler, can you please help me out with?
sincerly:
Neptunus

Mosquito net, hangs like a big window screen over your bed.

High 5 on that one!
But my dear friend, i want to build a Pest Repeller, i dident buy a arduino to hang it on wall, i boughed to do some awsome things with it!
I bet your next replay would be net and arduino board on it glued, lol!

Pest repellers I've seen claim to use ultrasonic frequencies to do the repelling, not sure if they actually work or not.
Other things are what might be called pest attractors. Mosquitos are attracted by carbon dioxide that is breathed out - so make something with a heat source that also dispels CO2 and place out in a corner of the yard.
Bats also eat tons of mosquitos, put up some bat houses.

man this is getting better and better! well if i build a Bat house for the bats, then i surly need to build another house for my bat at home (wife)!
By the way,!? is the Bat Cave included?

If you don't keep your cellar/basement closed, it might be 8)

You could have the Arduino monitor the household temperature and control an air conditioner, then just keep the windows and doors closed.

Neptunus,

The first and hardest part of the task is to find how to repel the mosquitoes in the first place and then see if arduino would be a good controller of that repelling method.

I know the US army has done a lot of research in reducing mosquitoes, as it reduces effectiveness if the troops don't get sleep mosquitoes carry pathogens with them at times, and they found the best solution was to use a CO2 generator that is driven by a liquid propane tank. After the mosquitoes get attracted to the CO2 a slight vacuum suck them up into a reservoir where they are not a bother to the troops. Occasionally you have to empty the reservoir and you are done. I have one that I used to use outside my house before the trees grew up and supported birds and other eaters of mosquitoes.

Not a lot of help I know,
wade

Thanks Anyway dear Wade!
I ended up with lots of Arduino Components that i ordered from ebay, i have a sea of parts, and i ´want to build stuff with this Stuff, if you know what i mean!
I have done the Arduino lessons over and over again and i have tried diffrent delays codes, diffrent projects!
My 5 years old daughter wanted me to build her a square LED pad, she said that light up in diffrent colours by diffrent button push etc etc!
i have got the stuff for it, prototype PCB that is 9X15 cm, Atmega IC 328p 9 pcs and 1k pcs on every resistors.
So if i am not wrong each LED needs a resistor! but dont know how or where i should start! ordered 500 pcs of diffrent color of leds!

Neptunus

You seem to be posting a different question to the same topic as your Pest deterrent

If this is a different question i.e about LED's you should probably post again under a new topics

sry, i was a fraid that i would violate the forum ruls by spamin!
and yea, i found a project here for my problem!

in case if other ppl are looking for same kind of project, this is what you need to get ride of them!
UV light - to lure them to the trap
Tube Fan with leds under the UV light. solar panel
Internal heat Sensors some where under or above the fan the fan, bugs are seeking heat
a tree frame cage, like a box, but you have that tree frames coverted with strong mosquito net.
What happens here, that this vampires are seeking the light and heat, the fan will suck them in and trap them in the cage and keeps them there till they die.
the dead mosquitos can be used to feed your fish in your pond or Aquarium, why not eat them your self, they contain high protine.
if i build one my self i will make a step by step guide so you can have a clear picture of what we are talking about.
P /S if you build one your self, and they manage to escape somehow, change the Fan to a more powerful fan that have higher air flow, i have already looked at computer Chassi Fans like 360 mm fans, few of those in a row http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_327_1135&products_id=22450 that blows the pest down to the sucktion fans like this ones http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_327_1135&products_id=24346 , man you have got a better mass destruction weapons them those W. Bush was talking about, oh yea it just poped in my head that those weapons was never found =)!
All the Credit for this goes to the happy Horde called him self Crossroads, and Wade, jremington

Trying to make a mosquito repellent with buzzer and arduino tone function .is it posible ??:")

Kushal_Banik:
Trying to make a mosquito repellent with buzzer and arduino tone function .is it posible ??:")

Why not just try?

6 years old necro post by the way...