photodiode in photovoltaic mode

I used a photodiode with an opamp (mcp 601). what's the correct circuit for using first op amp output as second op amp (mcp 601) input at inverting pin?
Thanks

Seems like a strange question. Connect the output of one to the input of the other with a wire, and also connect the grounds.

jremington:
Seems like a strange question. Connect the output of one to the input of the other with a wire, and also connect the grounds.

with or without a resistor?

That would depend on what you want to accomplish, which you forgot to tell us.

I would always recommend trying the TSL257 and similar - these have photodiode and op amp in one neat little package. Get them in IR or visible. Save a lot of trouble with just three pins - gnd, supply, voltage out. Almost bomb-proof and work with output close to supply. Just needs a bypass capacitor and a small load resistor
Not too sure what you want the second op amp for - buffer? unity gain? inverted output? It should be straightforward to add a second amp to do any of those functions
Are you getting anything sensible from your first op amp?

tigger:
I would always recommend trying the TSL257 and similar - these have photodiode and op amp in one neat little package. Get them in IR or visible. Save a lot of trouble with just three pins - gnd, supply, voltage out. Almost bomb-proof and work with output close to supply. Just needs a bypass capacitor and a small load resistor
Not too sure what you want the second op amp for - buffer? unity gain? inverted output? It should be straightforward to add a second amp to do any of those functions
Are you getting anything sensible from your first op amp?

Circuit is attached.

I replaced “Sensor 1” with a photodiode+transimpedance amplifier and get about 5V at op amp output. I want to know, the C2 , R3 and C1 with ground are correct in circuit?

Capture.PNG

There are many things wrong with that schematic, and you still have not told us what you want the circuit to do.

"Sensor 1" is not defined. Photodiodes have two pins, not 3. Post a link to the part.

C2 will prevent any DC voltage from the sensor being applied to the op amp input.

What is R3 supposed to do?

What is R2 supposed to do, and why is it connected from +5V to +5V?

See this guide to using photodiodes and op amps.

jremington:
There are many things wrong with that schematic, and you still have not told us what you want the circuit to do.

"Sensor 1" is not defined. Photodiodes have two pins, not 3. Post a link to the part.

C2 will prevent any DC voltage from the sensor being applied to the op amp input.

What is R3 supposed to do?

What is R2 supposed to do, and why is it connected from +5V to +5V?

See this guide to using photodiodes and op amps.

Sensor 1 is TSL14S that is a light to voltage converter.

please see this link

Oh, so you are actually taking a circuit from a magazine and asking members of this forum about it.

What does the article say about the circuit?

jremington:
Oh, so you are actually taking a circuit from a magazine and asking members of this forum about it.

What does the article say about the circuit?

You suppose I take it from a magazine! is there a problem?!! I want to implement this circuit. I send about 15 email to article writer, but didn't get right answers!
schematic differ with PCB and have a lot of errors!!!
by the way, I'm making a ballistic chronograph with IR sender and receiver. My question is clear, a circuit with a photodiode, transimpedance amplifier and an op amp that when first op amp output voltage goes down the second op amp output voltage goes up.

but didn't get right answers!

No surprise there, as the questions you are asking here don't make much sense.

I see at least two serious problems with the published circuit in your link, so my suggestion is to forget that one and start over. Complain to Nuts & Volts!

navab1362:
Circuit is attached.
I replaced "Sensor 1" with a photodiode+transimpedance amplifier and get about 5V at op amp output.

Your circuit shows a sensor that is AC coupled (capacitor) to the opamp.
DC voltage on the opamp's output should be the same as the DC voltage on the +input of the opamp.
Leo..