PLC IDE and Arduino OPTA - cannot connect

I am having very similar problem like this one:

Either IDE freezes, or I get error on the bottom right corner and WinCommLibs pops up.
I tried all solutions I found on the web. I use IDE 1.0.6, the solution on the mentioned post is to install IDE 1.0.3 but that version also requires IDE Tools which I cannot find to download.

I tried partitioning the memory, flashing, uploading code from the regular IDE... all that stuff works!, I can upload runtime, I get 2 new COM ports in the device manager but when the moment comes to connect to the device - it just doesnt happen! The default COM setup is 38400, 8,N,1 ... I tried playing with that also but zero success.

Can someone please help me, I find it absolutely NOT serious from a company to sell PLC's with unusable software!

Ditto.... I have the exact same scenario as DigitalMeth describes above. There does not seem to be a standard solution available.. I don't have a Portenta to try, but don't see a reason to invest in one if the PLC IDE will not connect. This is frustrating to no end.

I solved the first problem by using the 2nd COM port as communication. So for example if when you connect it you get COM port 6, and after downloading the runtime environment COM 7 appears, try using that one.
After that some other issues appeared but I was able to clear them through.
To me this is completely whacky, I understand that maybe this product is still in optimization phase, but to me is more like hobby stuff. I wanted to utilize these controllers in a production facility for simple tasks, because they are cheap and sometimes I just need to control 3-4 outputs based on 3-4 inputs, but obviously what you pay is what you get.
Hopefully in the future these bugs/ inconsistencies will be solved because I was really looking forward in using these controllers.