PLEASE HELP ME

Your operating system : OS X EL CAPITAN

Please help i was trying to do project 05 Mood cue of the arduion starter kit. I completed setting up my board and writing the code and when i tried to upload i got this error message:

Arduino: 1.7.10 (Mac OS X), Board: "Arduino Uno"

Sketch uses 1,030 bytes (3%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes. Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 2,039 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes. avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "/dev/tty.usbmodem1411": Device not configured ioctl("TIOCMGET"): Inappropriate ioctl for device Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

This report would have more information with "Show verbose output during compilation" enabled in File > Preferences.

can someone please help me

IDE 1.7.10 is the IDE by arduino.org, not by arduino.cc where you posted this question. In general, the 'opposition' is not supported, mostly due to lack of experience with it.

Download 1.6.5r5 or 1.6.9 from this site and try again. Download; 1.6.10 seems to be problematic for some users.