Power 2x50pcs WS2811 (12v) with ESP32

I have an ESP32 i want to control 2x50pcs WS2811 (12V). I want to control the light and colors etc. wireless. I understand that i need an Power Supply for this, but the question is:

Can somebody show me the best and simplest way to wire together power supply, ESP32 and WS2811 (12V)?

This is the board i have:
ESP32

And this is the strip i have plan to use:
WS2811 Led Strip

This is the Power supply i thinks about:
Power Supply

Power supply: probably needs 2-3A at 12V for all those LEDs.

Add a big capacitor at the strip.

The ESP32 produces 3.3V signals, may be too low for those LEDs, meaning you may need a level shifter to 5V. Check the data sheet of the WS2811 LEDs.

wvmarle:
Power supply: probably needs 2-3A at 12V for all those LEDs.

Add a big capacitor at the strip.

The ESP32 produces 3.3V signals, may be too low for those LEDs, meaning you may need a level shifter to 5V. Check the data sheet of the WS2811 LEDs.

May be.

3V3 is barely at the lower end of the data in spec of 0.3 Vdd, or 3.5V for a Vdd of 5V, so If the first LED works, the rest should also since each WS28xx chip outputs 5V data to the next.

From the datasheet, obviously translated from the original Chinese:
Each WS28xx chip has "Built in signal reshaping circuit, after wave reshaping to the next driver, ensure waveform distortion not accumulate".
So basically, each chip drives the next with a new data signal.

In my project I used the 74LS244N Octal Buffer/Line Driver since I had a few in my parts box.

However if you do not (and the obsolete 74LS244N is the wrong part for a level shifter n any case), then a 74HCT14 is perfect for the job, two cascaded inverters will give you the level shift and it contains three such pairs if you need three channels.

Thanks alot for good answers :slight_smile:

I really want to know the basic way to wire ESP32/12V 10ah Power supply and these led strings.

Sorry for very bad drawing, but look at the picture below and please help me to understand how i should wire this corectly.