I’m way over my head here so I’m hoping to get some help or guidance.
Please, Please bear with my long…. explanation.
I’m a noobie’s noob, if such a thing exists, meaning I know less than a noob.
The image shows what I’m trying to achieve.
Basically, I need to power:
- Two (2) 12V motor encoder motors (came with tracked chassis kit)
- Two (2) 5V WS2812B ECO 60Pixels/m LED Strips, about 45” long each (Head and Underneath Base)
- Two (2) 5V WS2812B ECO 60Pixels/m LED Strips, about 8” long each (Name-Plate)
- One/Single (1) 5V or 12V Cool LED. (Holographic Simulation)
Given what needs to happen (see explanation below), can a 12V 2000mAh Nickel-Metal Hydride Battery be able to power all of the above, on its own?
W.A.L.D.O. happens is one, 3-minute scene of a staged play.
So, using a 6-Channel, RC Transmitter & Receiver unit)
- W.A.L.D.O. enters the scene and stops.
- Head LED’s, Underneath Base LED’s, and Name-Plate LED’s stay lit throughout the whole scene.
- Head LED’s need to change from a Low-lit Light-Blue color to a High-lit Red Color and Flash, and then return to Low-lit Light-Blue again.
- Underneath Base LED’s are a Low-lit Blue color, at all times.
- Name-Plate LED’s are a Medium-lit Blue color, at all times.
- At one point an alarm goes off signaling the change of the Head LED’s as mentioned above.
- Shortly after that the Single Cool LED (top of Head) comes on to symbolically project a video (the idea here is R2-D2’s holographic message from Princess Leia to Obi-Wan Kenobi).
- After this W.A.L.D.O. exits the scene the same way it entered.
What I’ve purchased:
- A tracked chassis kit – with Two (2) 12V motor encoder, motors.
- Two (2) L298N DC Motor Driver Modules, although I think I’ll only need one.
- Two (2) 5V WS2812B ECO 60Pixels/m LED Strips for the Head, the Underneath Base, and the Name-Plate; I got two just in case I burn the first strip.
- A Three (3) pack wire connectors (male-male | male-female | female-female)
- A 12V 2000mAh Nickel-Metal Hydride Battery and Charger
- One (1) RC Transmitter & Receiver (6 Channels)
- Six (6) 22-gauge, different color wire spools to run power up to the Head and Single Cool LED’s
I still need to purchase the Single Cool LED and I’m still waiting for the Arduino Uno board which will be here in a couple of days, I hope, with a kit, which I’m hoping will run all of this.
Any HELP or ADVICE would be appreciated.