Problem uploading bootloader with USBASB

Hey all,

I am having a problem with my USBASP. Here is the error code I receive:

Arduino: 1.8.8 (Windows Store 1.8.19.0) (Windows 10), Board: “Sanguino, ATmega1284 or ATmega1284P (16 MHz)”

avrdude: Warning: cannot query manufacturer for device: No such file or directory
avrdude: Warning: cannot query product for device: No such file or directory
avrdude: error: could not find USB device with vid=0x16c0 pid=0x5dc vendor=‘www.fischl.de’ product=‘USBasp’
Error while burning bootloader.

I used Zadig to install the proper drivers and my computer recognizes the device (As shown in attached images).

Could this error occur because my compiler is looking for a different VID and PID value then what is shown under my hardware (shown in attached images)? Any ideas on how to solve this issue?

Thank you!

111111.png

VID and PID.png

Cross posted on AVRFreaks:

Use Zadig to install libusbK instead of libusb-win32 and the problem should be solved.

Hey Pert,

I’ve already tried that but the libusbk driver doesn’t seem to work. I get an error as shown in the attached picture. Is there a specific reason that I would be getting this error?

mmc_apywOQtWgB.png

That's unfortunate. I have been using libusbK on my USBasp ever since Arduino released their AVRDUDE 6.3.0, which doesn't seem to like libusb-win32.

If you double-click on the USBasp icon in Device Manager, it should give you some information in the "Device Status" field as to what the problem is.

Here is error code from device status:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}
The requested operation was unsuccessful.