Problem uploading code to Mega2560

I've got a new Mega2560, but I am having trouble uploading the code. Any idea whats wrong?

Arduino: 1.8.2 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x3bb1
         0xac != 0x57
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

Sketch uses 21446 bytes (8%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253952 bytes.
Global variables use 1413 bytes (17%) of dynamic memory, leaving 6779 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8192 bytes.

This report would have more information with
"Show verbose output during compilation"
option enabled in File -> Preferences.

anyone know whats going on?

I had the same problem with a Gboard Pro which contains a Mega2560.
The controller on this board is supplied with 3.3V only and a 16 MHz crystal which is out of spec.
For 16 MHz the voltage should be at least 4.5V.

Increasing the voltage for the Mega2560 to 4.2V was sufficient to upload sketches without verification errors.
It is worth to check the supply voltage for the Mega2560 (not the external supply voltage) and the crystal frequency if they match the specification.

SupArdu

SupArdu:
I had the same problem with a Gboard Pro which contains a Mega2560.
The controller on this board is supplied with 3.3V only and a 16 MHz crystal which is out of spec.
For 16 MHz the voltage should be at least 4.5V.

Increasing the voltage for the Mega2560 to 4.2V was sufficient to upload sketches without verification errors.
It is worth to check the supply voltage for the Mega2560 (not the external supply voltage) and the crystal frequency if they match the specification.

SupArdu

i am using usb cable from pc so the input should be 5v.. its quite irritating lol. sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt..